Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Anybody Noticed Listing Views Disappearing?

Forum Newbie
    View MarketPal's Feedback (+908)
    All-About MarketPal
    View MarketPal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Has Anybody Noticed Listing Views Disappearing?

I am baffled I am listing several designer shirts and so far they each have received quite a number of views. Including this blue shirt but, it's now showing the default 0 views.

Why would this be and what else might be reverting back to default settings?

Default Re: Has Anybody Noticed Listing Views Disappearing?

If the number of view disappeared after the item auto-reposted: go to your "My Defaults" page and look to see whether you have the "Reset Views on Auto-Repost?" enabled. Some folks prefer to have the number of views carried over between re-posts, others want them cleared each time.

Forum Newbie
    View MarketPal's Feedback (+908)
    All-About MarketPal
    View MarketPal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you rock2dust, I did have the reset views on auto repost enabled. I must have enabled it and forgot.

I don't take any notice of views. It could be the same person looking. Viewers are just sightseers

Quote Originally Posted by dm6619david View Post
    I don't take any notice of views. It could be the same person looking. Viewers are just sightseers
    I don't take any notice of them either, lots of them are just Google bots or web spiders crawling the site collecting information and not actual people.

I'm happy even if it's a Google bot. Who knows, these things are getting smarter all the time, Google has far far more money than I have, and I'm thinking a bot might start buying my items!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I'm still wondering why the views of my "Plug Your Auction" thread surged to 50 - 60 per week for a couple of months. Previously 20 - 30 and now back to that number.

If these bots are getting more intelligent are they developing fads, getting bored and moving on to something else that tickles their fancy?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information