Thread: Turtle Doves - Cashmere Fingerless gloves / wrist warmers

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Turtle Doves - Cashmere Fingerless gloves / wrist warmers

Turtle Doves

These gloves are made from 100% cashmere jumpers and will offer a toasty cashmere cuddle round your wrist which will help to keep your fingers warm even though they aren't covered. Turtle Doves gloves are a cosy wrist warmer and a fingerless glove rolled into one which are designed to be kept on all day. The recycled nature of what we do means that every pair is unique and colours do vary slightly from the gloves shown (I would describe the gloves shown as nude/beige). All our cashmere products are machine washable on a cold setting.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Turtle Doves - Cashmere Fingerless gloves / wrist warmers

I love wrist warmers, so I looked at your ad. The page popped up......"this item has been deleted...blah blah blah". Ok, so I thought perhaps you had sold it, or relisted with another number, so I clicked on your Olivia's Drop-in photo link above, and got a page which said "This site is NOT SECURE", and wouldn't let me look.

So, if I were you, I would be quite irritated on two counts; If an item has sold, eBid should AUTOMATICALLY say, "sorry, this item has already sold....", not this item has been deleted. And I would have thought if you had deleted the item, you would have deleted your recent plug thread on it.
    Secondly, eBid should fix whatever it is that is telling people that going to your eBid site is NOT SECURE. Does not engender a lot of faith in the site. It wasn't the message I sometimes get, which pops up a page saying....checking that site is secure, No, it says definitely SITE IS NOT SECURE.

Just sayin'. If I was a normal (no comments please) buyer, or newbie, I would be totally put off. As is, I am just disappointed in the inner workings of eBid in this regard (not you!).
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I love wrist warmers, so I looked at your ad. The page popped up......"this item has been deleted...blah blah blah". Ok, so I thought perhaps you had sold it, or relisted with another number, so I clicked on your Olivia's Drop-in photo link above, and got a page which said "This site is NOT SECURE", and wouldn't let me look.

So, if I were you, I would be quite irritated on two counts; If an item has sold, eBid should AUTOMATICALLY say, "sorry, this item has already sold....", not this item has been deleted. And I would have thought if you had deleted the item, you would have deleted your recent plug thread on it.
    Secondly, eBid should fix whatever it is that is telling people that going to your eBid site is NOT SECURE. Does not engender a lot of faith in the site. It wasn't the message I sometimes get, which pops up a page saying....checking that site is secure, No, it says definitely SITE IS NOT SECURE.

Just sayin'. If I was a normal (no comments please) buyer, or newbie, I would be totally put off. As is, I am just disappointed in the inner workings of eBid in this regard (not you!).
    I cannot explain why the item was marked as sold or deleted. However, it would appear that the drop in signature was backed up by a certificate from Comodo which is 10 months out of date. This is not an eBid problem and the message about security is not from eBid.

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

I don't know about the item being sold or not...….couldn't get to it. Don't know who thinks the eBid site is not secure, as the link leads to Olivia's eBid store, but in the end, it all represents eBid's handing of sales/no sales/whatever and maintenance of the site in as much as it must be via sites eBid contracts with to handle security?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I don't know about the item being sold or not...….couldn't get to it. Don't know who thinks the eBid site is not secure, as the link leads to Olivia's eBid store, but in the end, it all represents eBid's handing of sales/no sales/whatever and maintenance of the site in as much as it must be via sites eBid contracts with to handle security?
    I assume that the item has either been sold or has been been removed by someone as it does not appear in Olivia's items for sale.
    On the matter of security, I clicked on the Olivia's Drop-in graphic. I got the notice that the the connection to the store was not secure giving the reason as :- This certificate or one of certificates in the certificate chain is not up to date. There was a link to view the certificate. I followed the link which told me that the certificate was not valid and had expired in Nov 2018. The address to which the certificate had been abbreviated (for security) to *.ebid.net. Olivia's Store Address is olivias-dropin-store.ebid.net so it appears that the certificate was issued in connection with this store. eBid appears to be involved only because of the address of Olivia's store. I do not believe that eBid is responsible for the out of date certificate or that it is as a result of an organisation with which eBid has a contract
    The security notice I saw appears to come from my security software.
    As a final comment, your own linkdoes not have this problem so it would appear to be connected with Olivia's setup.

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Tony41. You are a good sleuth! I still find the wording of the missing item strange. I hope Olivia is able to get the link sorted, as it has to dramatically impact sales.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sorry Linda I had deleted it as it sold on another site but didn't have a chance to delete my thread as I was whisked off to hospital with a major bleed (I'm on blood thinners). I think I may have a pair of nearly new turtle doves wrist warmers in pale green which I'll list later in the week if you're interested. I'm not sure what the security settings are all about as I'm still getting newbie buyers that don't seem to be put off. I'll have to check with my son, he's the expert in this family

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Yikes! Hope you are ok now!!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    I'm not sure what the security settings are all about
    It's the link from your Store image that is causing the problems.

The correct link should be https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Olivias-Dropin-Store as on your About Me page. HTH.

Thread Information