eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: P&P for seperate stores ?

Forum Lurker
    View Sopicat1's Feedback (+1)
    All-About Sopicat1
    View Sopicat1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default P&P for seperate stores ?

I'm working on my third store - which is selling X-stitch charts.
    My other two stores sell clothes and the shipping cost is always the same ie. £2.80, which is as low as I can get it, but my questions is, obviously it won't cost £2.80 to send a cross stitch chart, I want to keep the shipping cost down and fair, but it seems the price is 'set' at £2.80 and I don't know how to change it for just this store.
    Any advice please ?
    Please don't tell me to look it up, I've been trying to find out how to do it and I can't, hence asking here.
    Thank you

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3720)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: P&P for seperate stores ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sopicat1 View Post
    I'm working on my third store - which is selling X-stitch charts.
    My other two stores sell clothes and the shipping cost is always the same ie. £2.80, which is as low as I can get it, but my questions is, obviously it won't cost £2.80 to send a cross stitch chart, I want to keep the shipping cost down and fair, but it seems the price is 'set' at £2.80 and I don't know how to change it for just this store.
    Any advice please ?
    Please don't tell me to look it up, I've been trying to find out how to do it and I can't, hence asking here.
    Thank you
    I have no idea if you can specify a price per store, but have you tried using "List Similar" on a listing from one of your other two stores and adjusting the P&P and item location to put into your 3rd store.
    Or just (and this is the longer way), making up a complete new listing for the 3rd store. Then using that one listing as your base page for making new listings by again using "List Similar" function.

Hope this makes sense and helps,
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sopicat1
    View Sopicat1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know what you mean but there just isn't anywhere to insert postage costs, it's already there on the sale page, not on the listing page if you know what I mean.
    I suppose the only other way would be to leave the p&p set to £2.80 (which seems what Ebid wants !) and to reduce the cost of the charts accordingly.
    Although other sellers sell items of different sizes and weights, so there must be a way of doing it somehow.
    Thank you.

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3720)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sopicat1 View Post
    I know what you mean but there just isn't anywhere to insert postage costs, it's already there on the sale page, not on the listing page if you know what I mean.
    I suppose the only other way would be to leave the p&p set to £2.80 (which seems what Ebid wants !) and to reduce the cost of the charts accordingly.
    Although other sellers sell items of different sizes and weights, so there must be a way of doing it somehow.
    Thank you.
    I'm going to assume you used the "My Shipping Defaults" from the "My Defaults" tab at the side for your first 2 stores. If not, maybe set one up for just the Charts on your 3rd store (just be sure to remember the Shipping Code you use for that particular default.

Again hope this helps,
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sopicat1
    View Sopicat1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you so much - at last I've got it ! have entered seperate shipping code and thats done the trick !
    I find it sooooo difficult - I wish I wasn't so stupid - duh !
    I'm drained now, so will list some more tomorrow
    I need to lie down in a darkened room.
    Thank you again for your patience.

Thread Information