Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Sold items keep reappearing in my listings, I've sold the same thing three times.

Forum Lurker
    View Fudbucket's Feedback (+1650)
    All-About Fudbucket
    View Fudbucket's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sold items keep reappearing in my listings, I've sold the same thing three times.

After about eight years of no-one taking any interest, I seem to have sold the same thing three times in as many days. I was willing to accept that on the second time that I had made a mistake and had forgotten to remove it from the 'Listings I Ran' folder before I did the relists of everything (something I do on a daily basis) and have made a groveling apology to the buyer on the basis that such a mistake had been made. But then I manually removed it from the folder, checked and double checked that there was nothing in the folder with sales, and low and behold, I've gone and sold it again. Have I been hacked? Have the buyers been hacked? Is there a website glitch? Or am I just a stupid old fool who hasn't got a clue what's going on?

Default Re: Sold items keep reappearing in my listings, I've sold the same thing three times.

I used to get a few duplicate listings slipping through which I could usually weed out with the April postage rate change but then things got better when eBid created a warning when reposting which improved things a lot.
    Nowadays I tend to edit my listings before they end so they keep the same listing number and it stops duplicates getting through.

View EalingBob's Feedback (+1206)
    All-About EalingBob
    View EalingBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Sold items keep reappearing in my listings, I've sold the same thing three times.

I have just had the very same thing happen and not for the first time either, just spent two and half days going through my listings and checking and removing items that have already been sold, I have now stopped listing as I just do not have the time to do that again, not happy at all

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fudbucket View Post
    After about eight years of no-one taking any interest, I seem to have sold the same thing three times in as many days. I was willing to accept that on the second time that I had made a mistake and had forgotten to remove it from the 'Listings I Ran' folder before I did the relists of everything (something I do on a daily basis) and have made a groveling apology to the buyer on the basis that such a mistake had been made. But then I manually removed it from the folder, checked and double checked that there was nothing in the folder with sales, and low and behold, I've gone and sold it again. Have I been hacked? Have the buyers been hacked? Is there a website glitch? Or am I just a stupid old fool who hasn't got a clue what's going on?
    Can you give us the listing ID# of the item in question.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Lurker
    All-About Fudbucket
    Forum Posts

The original listing was 183622461, I am fully willing to accept that I may have then relisted it after the sale, it wouldn't be the first time and I doubt it will be the last. Then I sold it again as 183836873. This I definitely deleted. If you look at the after sale log it says in there 'This listing was removed from your "My eBid < Listings I Ran" section by Fudbucket at Sun 04 Aug 2019 19:47:14 (BST)'. However, it still sold again as 83852677.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Fudbucket
    Forum Posts

Oh hold on, I've just checked the others and they all say something similar so that's not the absolute proof that I thought it was, but I did definitely remove it before I did the relists.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sold these buttons (182923874) 20.9.19 but could not locate them after looking through all my stock. I refunded the buyer.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I checked ALL my knitting patterns (relatively easy as they are numbered) and put them firmly in numerical order. I recently "sold" 180907991 which is not in my stock. Sadly, this is probably another buyer who will never darken eBid's doors again.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information