My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Shingles? - Forget it!

Smile Shingles? - Forget it!

A few years ago my GP retired and the practice was purchased by one of the new "groups" you hear about. All seemed well.

Eighteen months ago I saw a GP about headaches I was having. After a few questions I was sent to see a consultant who decided I was in the early stages of dementia! Shock! Horro! I was worried and rather frightened as you may imagine. I spoke to a priest, who is a friend of mine. He suggested I ask for another opinion - I thought that only happened in films!

I did so, and the second opinion was that it was not dementia, but I was becoming absent-minded! Becoming absent-minded? I've ALWAYS been absent-minded! My mother used to go mad! All my life I've written down appointments and all of importance on a wall calendar. All I do is check what day it is today, first thing in the morning, and work from there. Easy.

About two months ago, a GP rang me to ask if I was still smoking. I was able to tell him that I had given up my pipe six years ago and had been vaping ever since, a very low percentage of nicotine so as not to cause problems with Blood Pressure. He seemed happy enough and that was that.

A few weeks later, one of the receptionists rang with the same question and then another receptionist with the same question a few weeks after that. Ho hum!

Anyway, a fortnight ago a receptionist rang to tell me I now fell into the correct age group and would I like to make an appointment to have a vaccination against shingles. I was puzzled. "I thought I'd had that last year", I said. "Oh dear," she replied. "Your memory is really playing you up! You need to have that vaccination." So. I made an appointment to see the Practice Nurse two days ago to coincide with my annual heart check.

At the surgery,the time for my appointment arrived and I walked into the Nurse's room and sat down. The nurse began: "I'm very sorry, Ian..." "I know what you are going to tell me! I had it last year!" She was relieved.

At that point I gave her the saga which you may have just read and she was livid! She added my "non smoking" but vaping bit to her terminal. "It should show up here but doesn't!" she said..We had a quick chat about mismanaged databases and I left, chortling, as she stormed off to see the manager!

So...my Dementia? My absent-mindedness? Forget it!! I'll "press on, regardless". The world is full of clowns who assume an elderly man must have lost his marbles!

I'll bet there are more of you with similar examples of nonsense out there! A few years ago my GP retired and the practice was purchased by one of the new "groups" you hear about. All seemed well.

Eighteen months ago I saw a GP about headaches I was having. After a few questions I was sent to see a consultant who decided I was in the early stages of dementia! Shock! Horro! I was worried and rather frightened as you may imagine. I spoke to a priest, who is a friend of mine. He suggested I ask for another opinion - I thought that only happened in films!

I did so, and the second opinion was that it was not dementia, but I was becoming absent-minded! Becoming absent-minded? I've ALWAYS been absent-minded! My mother used to go mad! All my life I've written down appointments and all of importance on a wall calendar. All I do is check what day it is today, first thing in the morning, and work from there. Easy.

About two months ago, a GP rang me to ask if I was still smoking. I was able to tell him that I had given up my pipe six years ago and had been vaping ever since, a very low percentage of nicotine so as not to cause problems with Blood Pressure. He seemed happy enough and that was that.

A few weeks later, one of the receptionists rang with the same question and then another receptionist with the same question a few weeks after that. Ho hum!

Anyway, a fortnight ago a receptionist rang to tell me I now fell into the correct age group and would I like to make an appointment to have a vaccination against shingles. I was puzzled. "I thought I'd had that last year", I said. "Oh dear," she replied. "Your memory is really playing you up! You need to have that vaccination." So. I made an appointment to see the Practice Nurse two days ago to coincide with my annual heart check.

At the surgery,the time for my appointment arrived and I walked into the Nurse's room and sat down. The nurse began: "I'm very sorry, Ian..." "I know what you are going to tell me! I had it last year!" She was relieved.

At that point I gave her the saga which you may have just read and she was livid! She added my "non smoking" but vaping bit to her terminal. "It should show up here but doesn't!" she said..We had a quick chat about mismanaged databases and I left, chortling, as she stormed off to see the manager!

So...my Dementia? My absent-mindedness? Forget it!! I'll "press on, regardless". The world is full of clowns who assume an elderly man must have lost his marbles!

I'll bet there are more of you with similar examples of nonsense out there!

Default Re: Shingles? - Forget it!

That made me laugh and reminded me of the dementia test they did for my 94 year old father when he went to A & E . After asking my father a string of questions the doctor then asked "Do you know who I am ?" to which my father replied, looking him up and down, "Well I presume you are someone medically qualified " !

Good for him! I was once asked by an Asian lady Doctor. "Do you know my name?" I replied that I could write it down and if she gave me a quick lesson I would be able to say it. The lady was NOT amused. I should point out that, as a Welshman, I frequently have to teach people how to say the names of my relatives- e.g. "Enfys" (fem) Is ENNviss

Doctor: "Do you know who I am?"

Patient: "It sounds like you have concussion, you'd better get that checked"

Cambrensis, did you mean to tell the same story twice in your original post? Or are you having the same trouble I do, I often relate tales to people I've already.

And difficulty finishing my senten
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

My mother had a brain tumour - each doctor asked her the same questions - she just concentrated on learning the answers so they all thought she was still thinking straight. I'm only her daughter. What would I know? She told them all about her father going to Australia for 3 years. It was New Zealand! She was assumed to be safe and well at home until the district nurse found her with the gas on but unlit. I had been telling them about such incidents for over a month.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Smile Re: Shingles? - Forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Doctor: "Do you know who I am?"

Patient: "It sounds like you have concussion, you'd better get that checked"

Cambrensis, did you mean to tell the same story twice in your original post? Or are you having the same trouble I do, I often relate tales to people I've already.

And difficulty finishing my senten
    No! One post may have been sent twice (accdentally) as I managed to break my internet connection. As for sentences remaining unfinished - I do that when I become as bored as the listener!

Thread Information