Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ability to block spam sellers from search results

Forum Newbie
    All-About jefmac2003
    View jefmac2003's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ability to block spam sellers from search results

OK I've only been here 10 minutes. I search for car parts and automobilia for a classic car. One seller has 1500+ listings for the same product: car touch up paint sticks - using every model of every car ever made in every colour imaginable as keywords.

This is exactly the flooding of crap and spam that has made eBay unsearchable. I want to be able to delete such sellers from appearing in my search results. If they use keyword spam they don't deserve my business and I don't want to see their annoying attempts to get in my face.

Show some respect to customers - if we don't want to see your gazillion plastic bumper stickers when we enter a search term like Mercedes Benz then it should be a simple button press like "hide this sellers listings permanently".

Ebay buyers have been demanding this filter for years. It is one of many reasons nobody trusts eBay anymore. It's become nothing more than spam central for push marketing rather than a marketplace for genuine buyers to engage with genuine sellers.

Stop the rot before it starts. Please.

Jeff

Default Re: Ability to block spam sellers from search results

eBid doesn't allow duplicate titles. Duplicate listings are removed.

There is no option for the seller to create one listing and have variations of model / colour / etc.

I understand your frustration and that you see it as spam, but the seller is doing the only thing that they can to show that they have various options available.

As for blocking sellers, I have no idea whether that is challenging to set up, or how the eBid staff would go about it.

Maybe someone else can help you.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with Marie. The seller is listing correctly under eBid's rules until such time as the category they are listing under supports item variations.

The 'block seller' function was asked for before but there was no interest shown by admin in implementing it. Actually I don't recall them expressing an opinion either way on the subject. Search the forums if you want to read the discussion at the time.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

To save you searching, here's the link to the mentioned thread: https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...=1#post1531668

Forum Newbie
    All-About jefmac2003
    View jefmac2003's Listings
    Forum Posts

I understand it's within the rules. I'm only suggesting a filter option available to buyers. In the above example the rules are being exploited to manipulate search results. Some may consider it to be creative marketing, others find it annoying.

I will forward the suggestion to the appropriate people.

Thread Information