eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Promoting eBid listings

Default Re: Promoting eBid listings

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldtony View Post
    If a Postcard has been Posted. I show both sides in the listing.. Its not possible to put that info in the listing theres not enough room.
    I try to add the surnames or whatever I can in the title.

A person can also add information in the description.

The buyer can do an advanced search to look for surnames or placenames in the description field. It speeds up the process instead of having to click on every listing to look at the photographs. (I also scan both sides of the postcards that I list.)

About Pinterest ... it might not generate any sales, but I might find it fun. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Thanks for the follow, just reciprocated. Together we can twitter the world away...
    In my very limited number of Twitter followers, I have a few internet friends following me, but also some people that I am a bit wary of.

It amazes me when I read the angry and aggressive things that people write in Twitter world.

Apparently people direct message horrible and threatening things to people. It's shocking to me. At my age, it probably shouldn't be shocking, but it is. I really dislike that kind of rubbish. People who want to troll and hurt and knock people down.

I remember when I started on the internet about 20 years ago. I frequented lists and boards about genealogy, personality types (HSP, MBTI, enneagram etc.), and so on. Some of them were spiritual or what some people would think were out there ... Caroline Myss, Sedona Method, Eckhart Tolle, A Course in Miracles ... etc. People discussed theories, ideas, and shared stories that were helpful to me. Not all of it was fluffy bunnies and cute puppies. Sometimes people were snarky and sensitive and wanted a scrap. But the negatives were mild compared to what I've seen in the past few years. eBay was fun back in the day. I've been around eBid for a while too, and there was a lot of funny things happening here too when I found this place.

Yes, I'm rambling here and off topic. But, I started the thread so I reserve the right to do so.

Haha no need to worry about rambling, it's a prequisite once you reach a certain age - I certainly qualify (I'm 62) and I try to make sure my ramblings make at least some sense.... that particular Twitter account I purely use for business promotions (unless I forget...) my personal one can get a little.... robust... at times but anyone getting nasty soon gets blocked... I'm a good guy, I never get nasty...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    Haha no need to worry about rambling, it's a prequisite once you reach a certain age - I certainly qualify (I'm 62) and I try to make sure my ramblings make at least some sense.... that particular Twitter account I purely use for business promotions (unless I forget...) my personal one can get a little.... robust... at times but anyone getting nasty soon gets blocked... I'm a good guy, I never get nasty...
    I've read your posts here and would be surprised if you were the nasty type. Yup ... 62. I'm 62 as well. Seems like yesterday that I was turning 40 and I was just learning that there was a thing called the internet.

Oh I know what you mean - these last 20 years or so have simply flown by...

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am on Pinterest and have followers not sure if it brings me any sellers and when I do make a sale they only come buy once and leave no feedback that is why a sales count would be useful.

I am not on facebook or twitter so don't promote on there, I was late coming to the internet I'm 65 now and although I had to use an in-house computer at work I naver had one at home until mid 2012 because I had to apply for jobs and being rural no choice but to go on-line, weary of it and still learning and stick to basics, not yet given into owning a smart phone or tablet. (think the smart phones are too smart for me��*♀️)

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    I am on Pinterest and have followers not sure if it brings me any sellers and when I do make a sale they only come buy once and leave no feedback that is why a sales count would be useful.

I am not on facebook or twitter so don't promote on there, I was late coming to the internet I'm 65 now and although I had to use an in-house computer at work I naver had one at home until mid 2012 because I had to apply for jobs and being rural no choice but to go on-line, weary of it and still learning and stick to basics, not yet given into owning a smart phone or tablet. (think the smart phones are too smart for me��*♀️)
    So many buyers don’t leave feedback now. If I’m looking at an eBid seller I look at the feedback that they’ve left to see if they’ve had recent sales. Then I assume that if the buyers didn’t leave negative or neutral then they were happy. These days no feedback is good feedback?

if I get a chance I’ll try Pinterest. Also will start hanging around the big stamp coin postcard board.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    What methods do you use to promote your listings?

My listings are only on eBid....

I started listing on here again a few months ago.The items I had to sell were for a niche market;Bedford CF parts.I am a member of two cf forums so advertised there.MBW is on facebook so she joined two cf facebook groups & advertised there.Since then I've had five npb's.One has given a genuine reason for not going through with the sale.The rest have not bothered contacting me.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Pinterest profile is updated and I started navigating around a bit.

You never know what or who you might find, I belonged a Society years ago but when the group closed down we all lost touch, you know how it is, busy working, life, work, not enough hours in the day, work, then one day I spotted a member and I started following, 4 years on I learned you could send a message to that person and now we and others are hoping we can all meet up again for coffee and cake.

Thread Information