Thread: Item Location

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View switchlec's Feedback (+264)
    All-About switchlec
    View switchlec's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Item Location

This seems to be a feature that should be included but is still missing and it seems to have been requested many times over the years.

The fact that this facility is not available has left me with no choice but to not use eBid. My address is nowhere near where any of the items I sell are located. My location is totally irrelevant (in fact, my location is not my location at all, it is my postal address and I can be in any one of several places).

There are other issues that I could complain about but they are minor in comparison and do not stop me using the site, the item location issue is problem for me though. I can put up with the haphazard UX/workflow of the image uploader and the stale references to defunct payment methods and the lack of a cash on collection option (probably goes hand in hand with the above that anyway). After eBay changed the rules and effectively decided they don't want my business I have no option really but to just give up, eBid is second choice and third is throw everything in the skip so really it looks like I am just not selling online any more.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Item Location

Quote Originally Posted by switchlec View Post
    This seems to be a feature that should be included but is still missing and it seems to have been requested many times over the years.

The fact that this facility is not available has left me with no choice but to not use eBid. My address is nowhere near where any of the items I sell are located. My location is totally irrelevant (in fact, my location is not my location at all, it is my postal address and I can be in any one of several places).

There are other issues that I could complain about but they are minor in comparison and do not stop me using the site, the item location issue is problem for me though. I can put up with the haphazard UX/workflow of the image uploader and the stale references to defunct payment methods and the lack of a cash on collection option ....

Your location is shown on your all about me page which you have entered the details of,there is a link to it shown on all your listings.So,for all intents & purposes,the item location is shown on the listing.However if,in your case,the items are not at your registered location,you could enter that fact in the description.e.g Item is located in Manchester,Glasgow or NR30 1AL etc.
    The cash on collection option has been available ever since I've been here.(Other: See Description) So you write in your description that cash on collection is available.

Forum Newbie
    All-About switchlec
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Your location is shown on your all about me page which you have entered the details of,there is a link to it shown on all your listings.So,for all intents & purposes,the item location is shown on the listing.
    My point exactly, that is my location, not the item location.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    However if,in your case,the items are not at your registered location,you could enter that fact in the description.e.g Item is located in Manchester,Glasgow or NR30 1AL etc. The cash on collection option has been available ever since I've been here.(Other: See Description) So you write in your description that cash on collection is available.
    When you say this option is available and then to make it available I have to add it as notes to my listing it is not really an option, more of a "something you could do if you felt like it". The CoC really should be an option in the list of accepted payment methods, seems a bit daft having some payment methods listed separately for no apparent reason. Same applies to the item location, my location is of little to no relevance really. I appreciate you trying to tell me how to use the workarounds but I was giving some suggestions in the website suggestions subforum, not asking for workarounds in the general help forums.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

.... I appreciate you trying to tell me how to use the workarounds but I was giving some suggestions in the website suggestions subforum, not asking for workarounds in the general help forums.
    Unfortunately,as you're most likely aware,when there are workarounds ebid ignore suggestions.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

......my location is of little to no relevance really.......not asking for workarounds in the general help forums.
    Yes it is;

I want to know if you are British and you are not a drop shipper.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

If you go to your My Defaults page, on the "My General Defaults" tab, you may specify a location other than your account location under "Calculate Shipping From."

If you haven't yet set up a template which includes information that you wish to include with every new listing, I suggest that will also be a valuable time-saver. You can do that under the "My Selling Defaults" tab. This might include the ship from location, your shipping turn-around time, a restatement of your returns policy, etc. I've done this for every site on which I've sold - no matter whether there is or isn't a field for a bit of info that gets tucked somewhere else, buyer-relevant info should (also) appear in the description.
    Last edited by rocks2dust; 23rd June 2019 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About switchlec
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Yes it is;

I want to know if you are British and you are not a drop shipper.
    OK, I get that. From the items I am selling it would be clear that I am not a foreign drop shipper though, my items are all clearly refurbished and used items I am personally selling. I guess I should have said in my specific circumstances the item location would be of little to no relevance, not to infer that it never would be for anyone.

I have no problem with my location being on the listing, or even just being able to say I am in the UK, or even England. My address is a place I will probably never actually be and 100% sure that none of my items will ever be there. I should be able to select a location rather that eBid just using my address by default and giving me no option to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    If you go to your My Defaults page, on the "My General Defaults" tab, you may specify a location other than your account location under "Calculate Shipping From."
    I don't have that option or anything relating to item location/ship from under any tab anywhere.

Thread Information