Thread: Tell when an item has a bid or 2 when looking at items for sale

Forum Newbie
    View dav6.millar's Feedback (+20)
    All-About dav6.millar
    View dav6.millar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Tell when an item has a bid or 2 when looking at items for sale

Hi
    How do you know if someone has bid on an item.
    Ebay shows very clearly but I can not see any items with bids or may be there are none.
    I have not sold anything out of my 200+ items yet I sell all the time on Ebay.
    How do we know how many people are on the site and how many actually buy anything.
    This has cost £50 and so far nothing......

Default Re: Tell when an item has a bid or 2 when looking at items for sale

Fairly easily done.

As a seller, go to your My Bid Dashboard and click the "Bids" tab.

As a buyer, go to the listing and scroll down to the "Purchase Activity" section. Bids received will be listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by dav6.millar View Post
    Hi
    How do you know if someone has bid on an item.
    Ebay shows very clearly but I can not see any items with bids or may be there are none.
    I have not sold anything out of my 200+ items yet I sell all the time on Ebay.
    How do we know how many people are on the site and how many actually buy anything.
    This has cost £50 and so far nothing......

It would help if you got your items sent to Google Shopping where a lot of the eBid business comes from. To do this you need to have a buy it now price of over £1 alongside any bid price and the word 'exempt' in the bar code box if the item does not have a code. Also make sure the Google Shopping box is ticked in your defaults section.

Not being able to see bids is a sore subject. Years ago eBid gave us a bid column, after constant requests for one, but then they went and took it away again ! A big mistake in my opinion as bidding wars have never been given a chance to take off here because of it !

Forum Newbie
    View dav6.millar's Feedback (+20)
    All-About dav6.millar
    View dav6.millar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the reply Cornish
    I have no sales yet and was wondering how much activity was out there.
    Do you do ok
    I look at sellers with big feedback scores and the look at feedback and can tell that most is very low traffic and spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by dav6.millar View Post
    Thanks for the reply Cornish
    I have no sales yet and was wondering how much activity was out there.
    Do you do ok
    I look at sellers with big feedback scores and the look at feedback and can tell that most is very low traffic and spread out.

Feedback is few and far between these days. I get quite a few sales to guest buyers and they rarely seem to come back and leave feedback. That's another sore subject we have been asking for a 'sales' counter for some time now like Etsy has, so even if not much feedback is left then people can still see how many sales you have made.
    https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...-sales-counter

I get regular sales every month here, not huge amounts but that's to be expected as eBid is a small site and because they have never raised the fees they don't advertise. I do wish they would do a bit more though, we used to have a regular newsletter and regular updates and feedback on our ideas in the forums but that all seemed to stop last year.

Self promotion is the key, letting people know you are selling here on social media. It's worth some effort to get yourself established because you make so much more profit when you do sell something !

Thread Information