Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than half of my inventory has disappeared

Default More than half of my inventory has disappeared

Ten days ago I posted forty listings to begin my venture into eBid. All but 17 of those listings have apparently fallen off the edge of the world.
    The descriptions have all been quite similar because the products are so similar. (40 walking liberty half-dollars from the years 1941-1944)
    But there are still multiple instances of the same year/mint location coins being up and available, so the problem doesn't seem to be the sheer similarity between the names and descriptions.
    There is no record of them in my "Listings I've Ran" tab.
    The only way that I can show these listings to be gone are the gaps in my product numbers.
    Is this a common issue? How does this issue get rectified?

Default Re: More than half of my inventory has disappeared

If your listing titles are the same then you have duplicate listings which is not allowed. Duplicates will be taken down. Did you get any emails about duplicates?

All you have to do to avoid this is make a small change in the title by adding a #1, #2 or whatever you choose.

If that's the case then I would have expected to only have one 1941 P, one 1941 D, one 1942 P, et cetera, to be remaining. But perhaps the automated remover didn't catch everything.
    I perused the listing requirements before posting but didn't see that each title needed to be unique. That's rather annoying. I suppose I'll take some time and repost everything with the SKU in the title and description this time.
    I appreciate the response.

Upon closer inspection it seems that I actually was left with one coin from each year, with each mint mark. So adding the item number to the title and description should keep this from happening again. I've just completed these changes. Will report back if anything else goes wrong. Thank you again!
    Edit: In response to your question; no I had not seen any e-mails/messages regarding duplicate postings
    Last edited by ChooChooCoinsCards; 23rd April 2019 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChooChooCoinsCards View Post
    Upon closer inspection it seems that I actually was left with one coin from each year, with each mint mark. So adding the item number to the title and description should keep this from happening again. I've just completed these changes. Will report back if anything else goes wrong. Thank you again!
    Edit: In response to your question; no I had not seen any e-mails/messages regarding duplicate postings
    Maybe you need to check your notification settings.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Maybe you need to check your notification settings.
    I don't think you normally get notifications if listings are deleted because they break posting rules (https://www.ebid.net/uk/help/selling-on-ebid#faq-29).

I believe that it used to state the 'without notification' deletion at the bottom of the listing form but it now just states 'listings will be removed...'

I know that a few years ago eBid didn't notify and the listing just disappeared when there were duplicates. No notice. Nothing in the unsold.

It seems to me that I had a duplicate listing situation a while ago where I was notified by email. But, I could be wrong.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We've not allowed duplicate listings for quite a few years now. The rule is not 100% ruthless and has quite a bit of common sense built into it, for example listings closing soon being replaced with an exact match are tolerated.

If there are any improvements we can add let us know.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We've not allowed duplicate listings for quite a few years now. The rule is not 100% ruthless and has quite a bit of common sense built into it, for example listings closing soon being replaced with an exact match are tolerated.

If there are any improvements we can add let us know.

Thx,
    Gazza
    Are sellers notified if duplicates are removed? Is the removed listing available to the seller to revise and resist easily?

Thanks for the information Gazza.

Thread Information