Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Sergeant Major Cornish needs you .. yes you !

Default Sergeant Major Cornish needs you .. yes you !

Calling all eBid troops, new & old, I need you for the next YDC (Your Donation Counts) charity competition on the 24th - 28th April.

Over the years the YDC has helped raise thousands of pounds for very worth while causes and is a lot of fun ( I've been taking part for eleven years now !) but the numbers have dwindled as we have lost a lot of our dear and generous members, often to some of the illnesses that we are raising money to defeat !

Newbies to eBid it is simple to do. Just list an item or items in the charity section - YDC category to start on the 24th April to run for four days and put YDC175 in the title. Before your description put 'This item is an entry into the YDC175 charity competition and all money will be donated to ... (name of charity)'. Then remember to come and pimp your items and heckle other participants on the pimp thread in the forums !
    Just send your money collected to the person who is running the nominated charity or to your own charity and report it on the tally thread after the 28th.

You don't have to be in the competition , just leave the word competition out, but if you do and raise the most money with your item you get to nominate the charity of your choice for next month.
    I have picked Shelterbox for April's YDC so I would welcome any listings for them but you can chose any charity you would like to support.
    It is a great way for any newbie to eBid to get their feedback kick started too !

Any oldies from the previous YDCs out there reading this, it would be lovely to see you back even if it's only to put in a few bids, nick a few ticks, and send the totals up !

Default Re: Sergeant Major Cornish needs you .. yes you !

Jolly well said Sarge!
    It would be great so see the numbers of YDC listings go up to how it used to be.
    More choice, more tick nicking = more squabbling!
    Great fun to be had whilst raising much needed cash for worthwhile causes.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Will be supporting you as usual this month and echo your comments. More participants make the whole thing more fun and raises more money for the charities.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes it's great fun and many bargains to be had. You can list for your own charity as well as the main charity. Need help? Just ask
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Facebooked & tweeted your message/call to arms

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Facebooked & tweeted your message/call to arms
    Thank you Private Mcc2 that's above and beyond the call of duty and much appreciated !

Hope you have all been rummaging in your drawers while I have been away !
    If not then now is the time as YDC has the habit of creeping up on you when you're not looking !

Let's help at least one family somewhere in the world who have lost everything.
    https://www.shelterbox.org/shelter/delivery

Please help me to help Shelterbox by listing a few items or coming in to bid during the 24th - 28th April. They are there anywhere in the world where disaster strikes to help and give shelter. Their stocks will need building up again after all the aid needed for cyclone Idai.

Thread Information