Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I need help to Close a Listing that has Bid on it

Default I need help to Close a Listing that has Bid on it

Hello,
    I made a booboo. I no longer have the item but didn't have the chance to delete it. I want to close it but someone placed a bid on it and it won't let me. Does anyone know what my options are?

Thank you in advance.
    resellersclub

Default Re: I need help to Close a Listing that has Bid on it

Quote Originally Posted by resellersclub View Post
    Hello,
    I made a booboo. I no longer have the item but didn't have the chance to delete it. I want to close it but someone placed a bid on it and it won't let me. Does anyone know what my options are?

Thank you in advance.
    resellersclub
    You can blackball them to remove any bids. Just remember to unblackball them afterwards.
    I would also send them a message to say why you have canceled the bid.
    Hope this helps.
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Unfortunately, there is no clean way to do this yourself. Go to the Help menu and contact Support and they can close it for you.

The folks at ebid rightly feel closing listings that have bids leaves a negative impression with customers, however, there are times when it is necessary to delete (or end an auction early). Blackballing a bidder leaves an even worse impression IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no clean way to do this yourself. Go to the Help menu and contact Support and they can close it for you.

The folks at ebid rightly feel closing listings that have bids leaves a negative impression with customers, however, there are times when it is necessary to delete (or end an auction early). Blackballing a bidder leaves an even worse impression IMO.
    If they're unblackballed (is that a word!) immediately afterwards, do they even know?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information