eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PayPal limiting accounts if you are selling stamps from Iran or North Korea?

Default Re: PayPal limiting accounts if you are selling stamps from Iran or North Korea?

Can't you just take paypal off those items and put a note in the listing to contact you about payment and then just send them a separate paypal invoice with whatever you may want to call the sold item on it

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: PayPal limiting accounts if you are selling stamps from Iran or North Korea?

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    Can't you just take paypal off those items and put a note in the listing to contact you about payment and then just send them a separate paypal invoice with whatever you may want to call the sold item on it
    The problem is that buyers do not always read details on listings. I have taken Paypal off listings for stamps from banned countries and put a note giving reasons. A buyer bought some stamps with no Paypal but also some with Paypal accepted. They then paid by Paypal using a Multi-Item Checkout! Result - a rap over the knuckles from Paypal and I had to promise not to be a naughty boy in future. Given the almost total dominance of Paypal, I took all stamps from suspect countries from my listings. I still feel sore that Paypal is allowed to hold EU citizens over a barrel in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    The problem is that buyers do not always read details on listings. I have taken Paypal off listings for stamps from banned countries and put a note giving reasons. A buyer bought some stamps with no Paypal but also some with Paypal accepted. They then paid by Paypal using a Multi-Item Checkout! Result - a rap over the knuckles from Paypal and I had to promise not to be a naughty boy in future. Given the almost total dominance of Paypal, I took all stamps from suspect countries from my listings. I still feel sore that Paypal is allowed to hold EU citizens over a barrel in this way.
    I have Cuban coins that I would like to sell. I've tried listing in various ways. No PayPal. Listing only to Canada. Notes to contact to me before purchasing to work out method of payment before purchasing. And so on. Various strategies. People don't read it. People don't contact me. There is one of the coins in particular that has attracted more than one buyer in the past. The buyers BIN and then I spend my time trying to sort it out. I don't have any of the Cuban coins listed now and I don't know what I'll do with them.

Thread Information