Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to ebid - New Store but nothing showing in it

Question New to ebid - New Store but nothing showing in it

Hi

I'm completely new to ebid. I've no idea what Im doing and need some help. I searched for help but couldn't find a solution.

I have imported my ebay auction items. Then I set up an ebid store / shop. I looked in the shop and there was nothing there.

I have two questions.

1) How can I get all my listings to show up in my store.

2) How do I add a buy it now to all my listing at a few % above the auction starting price.

I am not technically skilled and I am quite slow on the up take. I do not know my way around the site. Please reply in very simple steps with clear instructions as though talking to a small child.

Thanks

J

Default Re: New to ebid - New Store but nothing showing in it

Welcome to eBid.

For question 1 & 2 click on the listing and go to 'edit', there's a link at the very top of the page or under the photo.
    At the top right of the page you can then pick your eBid store and store category. Scroll down to the price category in section three and put in your buy it now price in the right hand box.
    Afterwards click on 'save changes' at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

I was able to add them to my store. 1 - Solved!

Part 2 is still hard for me.

There are a lot of listings and I would like to alter them all in one go if possible. I would like add buy it now as 20% more than the auction starting price. Is there a way to apply a change like that to all my listings at once?

If not is there a way to change all my auctions in to buy it now items instead?

Thank you

There is bulk edit feature on your My eBid page but you would have to have a look at it as I've rarely used it. Someone else might know.
    I would caution you to do a test on one or two listings first as I managed to lose all my overseas postage rates on it a few years ago. Also make a back up of your listings before attempting to do lots !

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you're using Bulk Edit, best to use it in batches of say 10-20 listings at a time - and check them when edited to make sure all is OK before doing the next batch.
    May take a little longer, but best to be safe than sorry.

And as Becky says, don't forget to make a Backup first

Good to see another comic book seller on ebid. Welcome aboard.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ADcomics View Post
    Hi

I'm completely new to ebid. I've no idea what Im doing and need some help. I searched for help but couldn't find a solution.

I have imported my ebay auction items. Then I set up an ebid store / shop. I looked in the shop and there was nothing there.

I have two questions.

1) How can I get all my listings to show up in my store.

2) How do I add a buy it now to all my listing at a few % above the auction starting price.

I am not technically skilled and I am quite slow on the up take. I do not know my way around the site. Please reply in very simple steps with clear instructions as though talking to a small child.

Thanks

J
    Welcome fellow comic seller.

The only way to add an auction price 20% below your "Buy-it-Now" price is to alter each listing one-by-one.
    You can use bulk edit to do this for multiple listings, however you need to do so for those items you have that are listed at the same "but-it-now" price, e.g. all items listed with a "buy-it-now" of say £3.01.

Also, had a look at some of your listings
    You have a number of categories where you have comic supplies as the only item in that category, such as "Beano".
    As a buyer I would automatically look under comic supplies to find bags/boards, and not in a specific title.
    Another point to bring up, as the fee's here are less, you should consider making your items slightly cheaper here than on Ebay.

As for auctions, while it's a nice idea, there are very very very few bidding wars here (i've never had one on any of my items), most items that are bid on usually only end up having 1 bid. So auction might not be worth the hassle.

Hope this helps,
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thread Information