Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Seller's Choice 2019 - The results are in !

Default Seller's Choice 2019 - The results are in !

The Seller's Choice 2019 results are in.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2019/...-marketplaces/

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Seller's Choice 2019 - The results are in !

Ummmmm - not brilliant results.

Very disheartening to read the survey comments

Disappointing that support only got 5/10. I've always thought the support was one of the outstandingly good features of eBid.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Disappointing that support only got 5/10. I've always thought the support was one of the outstandingly good features of eBid.
    I found that rather puzzling as well. They did say that the comments were only a cross section of the most representative and most interesting but having read them, wasn't there only one that thought that management participation on the Forum had fallen off recently? All the other comments praised how well management communicated, how supportive the boards were and how excellent support is in general. The overwhelmingly positive nature of the comments seemed at odds with the low score.

I thought several of ebids rankings seemed at odds with the majority of the comments shown and my experience, such as it is, of the site.

Last for Profitability? I'm not a business, so perhaps my definition of profitability isn't quite the same as someone who is. (Selling price of item - Cost of item - costs of selling the item = profit on the item.) I would say that Profitability is still higher on ebid if I sell two identical items on two sites. On ebid paying 3% of the sale price plus a listing fee. On the other paying 10% of the sale price + 10% of the P&P costs. Does the number of items sold come into the equation? Isn't profitability the amount you are left with after a sale, not how many sales you make?

Last for Ease of Use? I'm not very Techie-minded and remember comments saying that though lacking technical skills users found ebid easy to use and again don't recall comments pointing out failings. I certainly find it easier to use than the other site I sell on. One mentioned inability to do a bulk transfer of listings but that was questioned by the survey organiser. Perhaps others mentioned long-standing problems that have not been addressed and were not included.

Another thing I found perplexing. Were we not asked to score and comment on sites we were using? Some of the most "Bad and Ugly" comments were clearly written in the past tense. Did they also do the survey and score ebid? I have to ask myself were some of them written by the same sellers who comment on ebid on another site? Sellers who used the site briefly years ago but are still repeating their story as though it is an up-to-date observation.

For me the most interesting point was that ebid was said to have improved its scores but still ended up below average and only just ahead of the only SM site in the table, which isn't even a selling platform. It's being beaten hands down by the older more established sites AND outstripped by newcomers. I don't think that can be seen as good for ebids long term future.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was equally surprised that the darkside & Amazon scored so well, very few comments about their abysmal customer service etc etc, and yes still hear the same complaints about them. Wouldn't be surprised if some sites were marked lower by non users [dare I say competitors] - and not just eBid

Thread Information