eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 50% off lifetime offer not working

Forum Newbie
    View mrrosado1234's Feedback (+952)
    All-About mrrosado1234
    View mrrosado1234's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 50% off lifetime offer not working

I've been on ebid for like 2 days because Edward Vela came here from ebay. I want to start selling my stuff here as well but when I clicked on that 50% discount offer for lifetime membership I could not sign up. The option was not listed. It said $99.99 for lifetime membership. I'm a small fish selling my extra baseball cards. $99.99 is not a good deal for me. $50 and I'm in. Why is the promo not working?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 50% off lifetime offer not working

The offer is for 24 hours only. However there is a way around it, sign up as a seller for a week then upgrade to Seller plus and you not only get the £50 offer they also deduct the charges for the week.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Newbie
    View mrrosado1234's Feedback (+952)
    All-About mrrosado1234
    View mrrosado1234's Listings
    Forum Posts

even better. This is the email they sent me
    Please opt for Seller+ Lifetime and pay $99.98. Once completed, please let us know and we will refund $49.98 as a goodwill gesture. Welcome aboard!

For your information:

The Seller+ Lifetime Promotional offer is available to new users who register and upgrade within 24 hours.

An existing customer who upgrades to Seller status will then have the opportunity to take advantage of the Promotional offer and upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime within 24 hours after the initial Seller status upgrade. Please go to your My eBid > My Subscriptions tab and review.

An existing customer who upgrades to Seller+ recurring subscription status will then have the opportunity to take advantage of the Promotional offer and upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime within 24 hours after the initial Seller+ status upgrade. The subscription will be reduced further by the deduction of the initial subscription payment. e.g. 49.49 - initial subscription of 1.99 (initial seller+ upgrade option 7 day 1.99) - cost 47.50. Please go to your My eBid > My Subscriptions tab and review.

If a member is already a Seller+ member and wishes to become a Seller+ Lifetime member, previous subscription payments will be deducted from the final Seller+ Lifetime payment but the Promotional offer is not available to existing Seller+ members. Please go to your My eBid > My Subscriptions tab and review.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrrosado1234 View Post
    ...but the Promotional offer is not available to existing Seller+ members.
    That's not what they say at https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...=1#post1182865

Or in the help files https://www.ebid.net/uk/help_register.php#faq-1a

SELLER+ Lifetime is currently available for £49.99 if upgrade takes place within 24 hours of registration OR any other upgrade.
    Experience would also bear out that any account upgrade reactivates the 24 hour offer.

Of course eBid can withdraw an offer any time they wish - as long as they do not continue to promote it.

The response you got from admin looks to be a long and convoluted way of saying what Maelbrigda said to you in a single sentence.
    Last edited by astral276; 7th February 2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Fixed links

Thread Information