eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really need to darken up the search box on stores please, heck even this title box...

Default Really need to darken up the search box on stores please, heck even this title box...

Hi support,

The search box on the Ebid storefronts is nearly impossible to find, can you please darken the rectangle? We have had several customers email us and say they "click" the word search and cannot search for anything in our store, i.e. the box is so light and difficult to see, the potential customers think they need to click the word search. Even in this new post, seeing the box for title is nearly impossible. Any help asap would be greatly appreciated! If I am missing something that I can do on my end in editing my store, plmk, thank you, John thecardattic

Default Re: Really need to darken up the search box on stores please, heck even this title bo

I agree. There are some areas of eBid that are just too subtle. Stronger outlines please eBid.

Default Re: Really need to darken up the search box on stores please, heck even this title bo

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I agree. There are some areas of eBid that are just too subtle. Stronger outlines please eBid.
    Exactly! Perfectly Put!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

AMEN. I have mentioned that before. Especially for older eyes, the pale to invisible boxes make them difficult or impossible to find and therefore use.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    AMEN. I have mentioned that before. Especially for older eyes, the pale to invisible boxes make them difficult or impossible to find and therefore use.
    Gazza is getting older. His bits will soon start to fail and then he will be where we are. Then he will appreciate our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    so very very true! My God that is part of my problem, getting older, I just struggled AGAIN to log into the forum to reply to this post LOL but seriously, the boxes really do need darkened. As I said in my original post, the fact that potential customers have emailed me asking how to search my store is a REAL problem. None that I have responded to ended up ordering and I do not doubt that because most customers want to buy and be done, by the time I responded, they had moved onto other sites to make purchases. Easily one of the most upsetting things to me through the years of being in business on the internet is potential lost sales due to things not in my control like website layout in this example.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Plus, on narrow viewports the store search box disappears completely - hidden behind an icon.

Name:  Screenshot_20190205-130012_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  30.5 KB

I would have thought that the View and Sort Order boxes could be relegated to the dropdown and the search box put at the top and visible. I would put search facility at a higher priority than view/sort preferences.

So last night a potential customer actually sent my phone a text asking for my store link. I sent it to him and he said thanks and subsequently texted me back and said "I just bought this". Well IT WAS NOT FROM ME! I let him know and he said whoops! He could not see the search box for my own store and used the overall Ebid search box at the very top and accidentally didn't realize he was searching the entire Ebid site as opposed to just my inventory. Now mind you, I am glad he got SOMEONE else a sale but this really specifically shows the problem that all of us our discussing about the issue with the storefront search boxes. I got NO sale because of it last night. UGH GRRRRRRRRRRRR

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Are you all talking about this area?

Attachment 60411

As Astral points out in post #7, on narrow views there is no store search box .... that might be even more of an issue. The only visible search box is for the site and not the store.

Name:  store search.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  101.0 KB

Thread Information