Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Missing Seller option....Again

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Missing Seller option....Again

Despite an earlier success (https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...=1#post1698633) in getting the option to sign up as a basic Seller on the registration page it has vanished again:

Name:  Screenshot_20190121-103554_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  27.4 KB
    If potential sellers walk away because they think they have to subscribe to a Seller+ account to sell then eBid are losing out on them listing here and potentially going on to become paying subscribers.

Some come to forums to get clarification and then register but I expect that many more just leave never to return.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Missing Seller option....Again

This is what I see on my end.

2) How do I upgrade my account?

You can upgrade immediately when you register by choosing SELLER or SELLER+ on the registration form. To upgrade any time after registering visit the "My Subscriptions" section of "My eBid". The details for each account plan can be seen below. This page will also show you what current plan you are on.

SELLER : upgrade fee : Lifetime $0.00

SELLER+ : upgrade fee :7 Day $1.99 | 30 Day $6.99 | 90 Day $16.99 | 365 Day $54.99 | Lifetime $99.98

SELLER+ Lifetime is currently available for $49.99 if upgrade takes place within 24 hours of registration OR any other upgrade.

Please note that all SELLER+ subscriptions apart from lifetime are recurring. SELLER+ subscriptions may be cancelled at any time via the dropdown menu on the "My eBid" > "My Subscription" section.

If you require an invoice for your subscription, this can be printed from the "My eBid" > "My Subscription" > "Print Invoice" link at the bottom right hand side of the page.

https://www.ebid.net/us/help/register/

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    This is what I see on my end.
    Yes, information is in the help but I'm talking about on the actual signup form on the Registration page: https://www.ebid.net/uk/register/ which is where most newbies wanting to sell are going to arrive.

There is a little link at the top of the registration page that says "Already registered? Upgrade to SELLER or SELLER+ now" that goes to the user's My eBid>My Subscription page but I dont think users are seeing that - plus it indicates that you have to be already registered to use it even if they do.

The large text in the actual signup form gives the impression that the only account options available are a free Buyer account or a paid Seller+ account. Nowhere is the free basic Seller account option mentioned or offered.

The option used to be there but vanished with the blackcurrant/green site revamp. After numerous times of asking over a long period of time the option did finally reappear on the registration form quite recently - but then promptly vanished again (another eBid 'fix' that somehow magically got 'unfixed' again).

I really have gained the impression that eBid are trying to push unwary potential sellers towards the Seller+ paid subscriptions. If that is true then it is underhand. It is also false logic as they will be losing potential sellers' selling fees and also people that could well go on to buy a paid subscription later. The losers from that are eBid more than anyone else - though it does impact us all in a way by restricting site growth.
    Last edited by astral276; 22nd January 2019 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Got my fruits mixed up

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Aaaaah now I see it Mel.
    Indeed, this is very misleading and needs to be corrected ASAP.

I personally believe it is an ebid 'glitch'.
    Like you said, why would ebid leave out the basic option and lose revenue?

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post

Indeed, this is very misleading and needs to be corrected ASAP.
    Well I'm not going to hold my breath until it happens.

[QUOTE=astral276;1707993

I really have gained the impression that eBid are trying to push unwary potential sellers towards the Seller+ paid subscriptions. If that is true then it is underhand. It is also false logic as they will be losing potential sellers' selling fees and also people that could well go on to buy a paid subscription later. The losers from that are eBid more than anyone else - though it does impact us all in a way by restricting site growth.[/QUOTE]

Also it's the starting point of so many of the bad reviews out there, which then go on to suggest that everything from the faulty view counter, YDC Auctions and even the Plug Your Auctions thread is part of a plot to mislead.

Every time Ebid is mentioned on the other site someone will pop up to tell everyone that they wasted their money by paying the subscription. The obvious and frequently expressed resentment IMO is the worst publicity Ebid can get. Holding the site back by constantly making the site look dubious and always reminding anyone that reads the comments how little they sold after paying.

It doesn't matter if they sold little because no-one wanted their stuff. Or that they should have read the fee structure details before jumping in with both feet.

It's the muck that sticks and does untold damage to everyone here.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Also it's the starting point of so many of the bad reviews out there, which then go on to suggest that everything from the faulty view counter, YDC Auctions and even the Plug Your Auctions thread is part of a plot to mislead.
    You missed out the never ending 'this month only' Seller+ Lifetime special offer.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

SELLER signup option still missing from registration page.

Well... it's not actually missing, the code is there for it in the page but with a rather telling class of 'hideme' so that it is not displayed. It appears that they really are trying to avoid people signing up to basic Seller accounts and pushing them towards subscription accounts.
    Last edited by astral276; 3rd February 2019 at 01:50 PM.

Thread Information