Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error in fee table in FAQs

Default Re: Error in fee table in FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Gill wrote:
    Have you ever considered that your, constant addressing of website issues on the forums undermines the future of eBid. A simple email to support would suffice.
    This forum, as provided by the owners of eBid, is for the sole purpose of reporting errors on the site. That is exactly what I use it for.

If there is anything that 'undermines' the site it is not me, and others, reporting problems here but eBid's failure to correct those problems once they have been made aware of them.

Most are not huge problems that would require rewriting half the site's code but simple things such as typographical errors, user interface issues, confusing/conflicting/misleading text, etc.

In reference to this particular issue...just how long would it take to change a single occurrence of £0.00 to N/A and remove a misleading statement? Certainly not a timescale using a unit measurement of years.

P.S. I do email admin direct when the issue requires more urgent attention than the forum affords such as for security issues, site wide failures, and their ilk.
    Mel, Absolutely agree. Public reporting of simple easily-fixable problems provides an opportunity for the site maintainers to show just how responsive they are and boost the reputation of the site. An opportunity which these days is more often than not being lost.

Gill, if problems reported in the forum provided for that purpose don't get addressed, why do you imagine they'll be addressed sooner by contacting support staff? I suggest you take the initiative and send a simple mail to support asking them why they don't keep a close eye on every thread within this Website Glitches forum and respond promptly.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I agree as well. When I first came to ebid I started looking in on the boards and even made a couple of suggestions, got replies from other members but nothing from the site. Like most other members I soon stopped participating.

A few years on and looking in again I find some years old threads being revived (yet again in some cases) but still getting no response. You have to ask which is really damaging to the site? That the subjects are raised at all or that having been raised they haven't ever been answered.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

If you are saying this sub-forum is a negative, then perhaps it should be removed or hidden. Other sites have dropped similar fora, instead opting to route all reporting through either an endless FAQ script, or direct reporting to Customer Support (usually resulting in a canned response). Is that what you folks are saying?

As someone who has run a software company, I can tell you that, either way, bug reports go on a list prioritized by severity, number of people affected and how the bug or fix might impact other issues and projects. Yes, some things seem simple, but may not be pressing priorities. I personally like having the "Glitches" sub-forum out there, just to give other people a chance to filter out mistakes that the reporter is making and/or suggest viable workarounds.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    If you are saying this sub-forum is a negative, then perhaps it should be removed or hidden. Other sites have dropped similar fora, instead opting to route all reporting through either an endless FAQ script, or direct reporting to Customer Support (usually resulting in a canned response). Is that what you folks are saying?
    I think only one person was suggesting such.

As someone who has run a software company, I can tell you that, either way, bug reports go on a list prioritized by severity, number of people affected and how the bug or fix might impact other issues and projects.
    The impression I have gained over the years that I have been here is that there is no effective tracking of bug reports. If admin do not pick up on a report and act on it immediately then it just gets forgotten about.

Yes, some things seem simple, but may not be pressing priorities. I personally like having the "Glitches" sub-forum out there, just to give other people a chance to filter out mistakes that the reporter is making and/or suggest viable workarounds.
    That has a downside though. The report thread can drift off (as threads do) on to unrelated matters which admin then have to spend time picking the bones out of rather than concentrating on the core issue raised. My view is that, ideally, admin should make some sort of response to all reports. Simple feedback to the reporter of their action intentions of if they are not intending any action; then at least the poster knows that the report has been seen by admin and what their view is.

Mind you...you can get a positive response and a promise of a fix - but that fix never happens. Occasionally you get the fix but by some mysterious process it reverts to being 'unfixed' a short period later.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I have pointed this out several times over the years but the error still exists.

https://www.ebid.net/uk/help/selling-on-ebid#faq-2

Attachment 60133

The fee for a basic Seller account holder to use BuyNow on a standard listing is not £0.00 (i.e. free) - the option to use BuyNow is not applicable to that account/listing type (as is stated in the attached help balloon). £0.00 should be changed to N/A or similar text.
    Thanks Astral, we'll get that fixed today.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Thanks Astral, we'll get that fixed today.

Gazza
    Thank you.

The squeaky gate gets some oil.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

An old friend used to say..
    An often used gate needs no oil

Thread Information