My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to move uploaded photos into folders

Default How to move uploaded photos into folders

I have many uploaded photos. I've reached the point where it would be useful to move some of them into new folders (or even existing ones, if I had any).

It isn't obvious to me how to do this.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to move uploaded photos into folders

You can only create a new folder at the time you upload images. Also, if you remove all images from a created folder then the folder will be deleted.

Name:  20181221_013717.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  21.1 KB

That said, if you have more than one folder each image in My Gallery will have a dropdown from which you can move the image to a different existing folder. Just change the dropdown to where you want the image(s) to go and then hit the Process Changes button at the bottom of the My Gallery area.

Name:  Screenshot_20181221-013507_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  28.1 KB
    Last edited by astral276; 21st December 2018 at 01:54 AM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the tip, Astral, as I've often wondered how to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    You can only create a new folder at the time you upload images. Also, if you remove all images from a created folder then the folder will be deleted.

That said, if you have more than one folder each image in My Gallery will have a dropdown from which you can move the image to a different existing folder. Just change the dropdown to where you want the image(s) to go and then hit the Process Changes button at the bottom of the My Gallery area.
    Exactly. So if you want to move, say, 20 images to a new folder, it's a lot of work, right? Imagine if a file browser in Windows (or Mac, or Linux) worked that way.

Or imagine if Apple users could do multiple select and then cut and paste to move their files, but Windows users had to choose a dropdown alongside each file and then hit a Process Changes button at the bottom of the file browser. Apple users would be pointing and laughing fit to bust!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know what bee is in your bonnet now but I was simply responding to your question on this thread as to 'how to'. That's as far as I go. If "Exactly" means that you already knew then why ask? (rhetorical question)

At least someone found the answer useful - so not a total waste of my time.
    Last edited by astral276; 21st December 2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I don't know what bee is in your bonnet now but I was simply responding to your question on this thread as to 'how to'. That's as far as I go. If "Exactly" means that you already knew then why ask? (rhetorical question)

At least someone found the answer useful - so not a total waste of my time.
    Sorry, thanks for trying to help. But I thought my reply made it clear -- the user interface is extremely clunky for moving a number of files into a folder. And, since someone found your answer useful, also unintuitive.

I'm suggesting a rethink of the user interface and I've laid out why I think it's needed. That's why I've posted in Website Suggestions.

Thread Information