eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please can we have a sales counter ?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please can we have a sales counter ?

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I would have thought that the least eBid could manage is sales in the last year even they may not have detailed records back to the very beginning.
    I would think that they have the data. They definitely do for any transaction that incurred a FVF as that can be seen in your My Fees & Invoices data. That data goes back at least 10 years to when I joined and indicates that it is available for export from as far back as January 1999.

Transactions that did not attract a FVF may not show there, I never had such a transaction so cannot check, but would expect that is in eBid's database as a sale in some form.
    Last edited by astral276; 15th November 2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I would think that they have the data. They definitely do for any transaction that incurred a FVF as that can be seen in your My Fees & Invoices data. That data goes back at least 10 years to when I joined and indicates that it is available for export from as far back as January 1999.

Transactions that did not attract a FVF may not show there, I never had such a transaction so cannot check, but would expect that is in eBid's database as a sale in some form.

That's what I was thinking, they must have a record of all sales somewhere and we need the counter to show from when we first started on the site. To do it for a shorter time frame would just confuse the buyers.

Is it usual to get any sort of acknowledgement or feedback like "We'll look into it" / "It isn't possible to do that" with suggestions?

Or is it just a case of putting them here and hoping for the best?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wouldn't a sales counter prove that unless one had listings for ceramics, stamps, postcards or on the YDC that abolutely nothing else sells on ebid?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Wouldn't a sales counter prove that unless one had listings for ceramics, stamps, postcards or on the YDC that abolutely nothing else sells on ebid?
    I don't think this is accurate. I always look at the items sold on the opening page whenever I log into eBid. Recently there have been a lot of sales of comics, for example, plus, at timews, other sales of items such as health products, pens, calculators, motor cycle parts.
    You post will tend to continue the myth that nothing sells on eBid.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have regular sales most recently in the categories of coins, and of all things "eBid tape".

My most recent purchases are in the categories of original art, bullion, and salt & pepper shakers (copper).

I rarely buy or sell in the most commonly chosen categories.

Added @ 2153: Just checked recently sold items and saw scrubs, signed autograph pictures, a gun, and shirt.

But other things do sell here, I recently sold a mantle clock (plus an antique coffee can) to a buyer I brought here from the other site. More remarkable is that they also left me two FBs. The real problem is so few buyers leave FB -- less than half of my buyers here bother, as opposed to about 75% on the other site. My FB, after five years is 23, less than half the real total of my sales and most of them have been in collectable glass.

I suspect that many others are in the same boat, a steady trickle of sales that without FB are never seen. As I said on the "Feature a new seller or store" thread in this forum, that allows the detractors to continue to propagate the myth that nothing sells. A counter would chip away at the myth with evidence to the contrary. Evidence that would only grow over time and IMO give both prospective buyers and those thinking of selling here the confidence to actually do so.

I don't think that most people listing here can realistically expect to sell at the same rate as on a site ten times the size, but being able to see that there are some sales to be had is a lot different to having the reputation for "No Sales".

Isn't the basic problem with ebid lack of confidence? Buyers see many sellers with very little FB so don't have the confidence to risk their cash on an untried site with what appears to be an amateur seller. If they imported FB a buyer questions why they are here if they were such a success elsewhere. Either way buyers don't expect to use the site regularly so there is no incentive to participate beyond the purchase.

The majority of sellers don't have much confidence either they list and re-list for years and have come to expect only the odd sale when someone stumbles on their listing on google.

There is a saying that "SEEING IS BELIEVING", a counter would without doubt show slow sales apart from in the areas you mention to begin with. But it would show ALL the sales that ARE made here and perhaps dispel some of the apathy that imbues the site. IMO as the numbers grow on each sellers counter so would buyers confidence to buy more from them and sellers confidence to list here at all.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here you go...

Name:  rbwbcs2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  42.5 KB

Err ... I've bought a make-up bag and a 2019 diary from here in the last two weeks so I don't think that is true. As someone else stated there are lots of different items sold that I've also seen on the front page.

Lol, Astral, eBid might have to make some adjustments to fit that under my user name !

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell here with YDC and other items not included in your list

I recently sold a wash bag, fairy lights and solar pal

I bought health products, cosmetics, a glass nail file and a wooden jigsaw puzzle
    Last edited by moonwitch; 19th November 2018 at 03:11 PM.

Thread Information