Forum Newbie
    Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, United Kingdom
    View sharon1265's Feedback (+5620)
    All-About sharon1265
    View sharon1265's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Could we get the postage right just once please

Hi,

Previous to now, I used to sell on ebid but closed my account after a buyer from overseas managed to purchase from me without paying the overseas shipping rate. The buyer insisted they had paid in full (as shown by ebid) and ebid marked it as payment made yet payment was for UK only. After sorting this mess I closed my listings. Recently I returned and this time a UK buyer purchased a book on which I offered free 2nd class post or an upgrade to 1st class for £1.00 They buyer paid too much (I believe it was an additional £2.99) which I refunded. Believing the difficulty to have been caused because of the upgrade, I changed all my listings to free 2nd class post only. Tonight a buyer has purchase an item for £1.75 with free postage and paid an additional £2.99 p&p. What is going on? Is there any possibility that the postage can be sorted sometime soon? I did report both previous incidents but received no constructive assistance.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Could we get the postage right just once please

You can set your own shipping up. If you go to My Defaults - My Shipping Defaults, you can set a code to cover a particular type of item and set a price automatically for all listings under that code (You put the code in when you list your items for sale) You can set up more than one shipping code and set a price for that code. In your case it might be based on weight.
    Hope this helps.

I've never had any trouble with the postage here but I set my own postage so if my buyer buys more than one item then I send a combined invoice with a discount.
    You don't need to do the 'free shipping' thingy here as eBid don't charge you a fee on the postage like the other side and your buyers will be inclined to buy more with a shipping discount and cheaper prices.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sharon1265
    Forum Posts

As explained in my post, I use my own shipping template. I used to offer overseas postage but removed that after the first issue. This left me with free (inclusive) 2nd class post and 1st class upgrade. Then the second issue arose so I went to completely free postage but it's still happening.

Cornishmaid - thank you for your input however, I use free/inclusive postage across all sites and my sales increased almost immediately. I also offer a multi-purchase discount for anyone buying 3 or more books, so I have that covered.

Does anyone from ebid staff actually respond to these posts?
    Last edited by sharon1265; 15th November 2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon1265 View Post

Does anyone from ebid staff actually respond to these posts?

Rarely these days I'm very sorry to say. Gazza sometimes comes on and does a blitz but it's not like the good old days of the forums where if you made a suggestion you felt it was listened to. I would contact support.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sharon1265
    Forum Posts

Cheers Cornishmaid, I think I will have to do that :-)

Thread Information