eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guest buyers are still not understanding they can log back in.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Guest buyers are still not understanding they can log back in.

I'm seriously thinking of emailing one or two of my latest first-time buyers to try and get a copy of these emails - if they haven't ended up in their spam folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    I'm seriously thinking of emailing one or two of my latest first-time buyers to try and get a copy of these emails - if they haven't ended up in their spam folders.

Go for it Annie it would be very interesting to see what they say. The first step would be to actually change the title though so people don't think they have to create an account when they only want to be a guest !

That probably explains why I have so many one time only buyers not leaving Feedback
    Same for me, two sales last week -- buyer brought here from the other site. Had a conversation about their previous purchases from me over there during which they said they would leave FB to confirm safe arrival. Instead email confirmed arrival, but no FB AGAIN.

After five years FB still stuck on 21 -- less than half of actual sales.

Have given up hoping there might be any help what-so-ever to get people to spend money rather than just browse my items.
    Suggested allowing non-lifetime members to pay to import FB -- ignored.
    Suggested adding Transaction Counter -- ignored.
    Now this suggested improvement ignored for a year.

WHY??
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View MJAUCTIONS's Feedback (+278)
    All-About MJAUCTIONS
    View MJAUCTIONS's Listings
    Forum Posts

I built up my feedback many years ago, came back here last year and have received just 2 feedbacks since, one from a seller and one from a buyer. All sales seem to be from guest zero feedback buyers, I guess they pick up on the item via Google and wouldn't normally shop here. There's no real reason why they would want to go to all the bother of leaving feedback anyway, many of them probably will never visit here again, that's why they don't bother registering.

Almost all my sales have been to zero FB buyers new to ebid. My latest buyer, like others previously have been brought here from the other site by notes in parcels. There, at least 75% of my buyers leave FB but when they come here they don't. They might if it was made plain that it is not a difficult thing to do.

As I've said before, with the reputation this site has for few sales, isn't ANYTHING worth a try to improve the situation.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I feel sure the situation can be improved a bit, especially with email wording, but at the same time I have to look at my own behaviour, perhaps a sign of the times. As a buyer I always leave feedback on ebay (and have here, but I've found so little to buy that matches my rather niche interests). And of course being experienced I know how to leave feedback, despite ebay these days waving a damn great blue button "Return item" in front of the buyer, with 'Leave Feedback' just an insignificant link in the list below.

But on other sites I just can't be bothered. Amazon seller feedback? No, years ago I did occasionally, but I feel I'm dealing with big companies and it's too much hassle to find where the link might be. 7dayshop wants me to go to TrustPilot or similar... can't be bothered. And so on.

Perhaps if I were part of the Facebook generation and already logged in it would be quicker/easier, but in general I feel I've got better things to do than spend time leaving feedback for big impersonal companies.

Not that folk here are big impersonal companies, but I suppose buyers' habits get to spill over.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I feel sure the situation can be improved a bit, especially with email wording, but at the same time I have to look at my own behaviour, perhaps a sign of the times. As a buyer I always leave feedback on ebay (and have here, but I've found so little to buy that matches my rather niche interests). And of course being experienced I know how to leave feedback, despite ebay these days waving a damn great blue button "Return item" in front of the buyer, with 'Leave Feedback' just an insignificant link in the list below.

But on other sites I just can't be bothered. Amazon seller feedback? No, years ago I did occasionally, but I feel I'm dealing with big companies and it's too much hassle to find where the link might be. 7dayshop wants me to go to TrustPilot or similar... can't be bothered. And so on.

Perhaps if I were part of the Facebook generation and already logged in it would be quicker/easier, but in general I feel I've got better things to do than spend time leaving feedback for big impersonal companies.

Not that folk here are big impersonal companies, but I suppose buyers' habits get to spill over.
    I think that is true a lot of people can't be bothered John but not all. Quite a few of my customers over the years have taken the trouble to email me to tell me their item has arrived safely and to say thank you. It takes longer to type an email than to leave a short feedback comment and press a button ... if only they could understand where to leave it !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    It takes longer to type an email than to leave a short feedback comment and press a button ... if only they could understand where to leave it !
    I personally think that an automatic positive feedback should be left with a generic "Successful transaction" (both on buyer and seller side - and some sellers here, as elsewhere, neglect feedback) if no feedback has been received within 30 days. Perhaps at that time, an email could be sent informing that positive feedback is being left and giving a link to where it may be changed if desired.
    Last edited by rocks2dust; 7th November 2018 at 06:22 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Got one response - they left me Feedback this morning! But no copies of eBid's emails

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    I personally think that an automatic positive feedback should be left with a generic "Successful transaction" (both on buyer and seller side - and some sellers here, as elsewhere, neglect feedback) if no feedback has been received within 30 days. Perhaps at that time, an email could be sent informing that positive feedback is being left and giving a link to where it may be changed if desired.
    I strongly disagree. That would just make f/b as useless as sellers' f/b is on ebay (because sellers can't leave negs). Feedback is an opportunity to say something specific about the other party, "Excellent packing and good communication", "Quick payment, simple trade" (i.e. very routine, but nothing too scary), "Slow despatch, but the necklace was well worth waiting for, thanks so much", "Lovely buyer, collected in person, promptly and efficiently"... and so on.

When I have a sale on ebay I always check the feedback left to others by the buyer (probably the best warning one can get on such an opaque site). Some just leave an anodyne "Good ebayer, ok" on every trade they do, identical wording. OK, at least they do leave f/b and help ones reputation counter. But I still despise these people, how many seconds would it take to say something specific?

Automated feedback? You might as well be dealing with androids.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information