eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is selling and for how much?

Default Re: What is selling and for how much?

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Johnwash and Haley's ... Yes, I remember the way that it used to be and tend to agree about the possible reason stated as to why it was changed.

Also agree that transparency is important and I'd like to know the reality even if it isn't exactly pretty. The information is indeed useful when it comes to setting prices etc.
    And it's not as though the reality gets concealed. There are forums elsewhere that are quite poisonous about the lack of sales here and almost accuse the site of being a scam. Whereas the truth seems to be that certain categories sell very well, e.g. ones where there are regular collectors of low value items like stamps and postcards. The returning visitors get to trust the site and buy, the sellers have low fees that make it possible to offer attractive prices. So it would be great to be able to point the detractors at examples.

It does seem to me that ebid and even ebay need to up their game these days, with rival methods of selling proliferating, fuelled by social media.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Default Re: What is selling and for how much?

Well, you were right at #7 above, it was not pretty reading. Back as far as I could go (sometime in August) and of 55 listings that ended, not one sold. At least sifting through them didn't take too long and answered another question that has puzzled me. Why the number of listings fluctuates "wildly" within an overall small total.

It's simply down to which batch of zombie listings is re-listed, but even that makes it more difficult to see what is going on in the search results.

Is my Art Deco Glass search a microcosm of many categories and searches on the site.?

There were very few new listings added during the period, mostly mine on 7 day auction. After their seven days in the sun these were then relegated to the bottom of the search as MAO. All the other activity was the zombies jostling for position on page 1 which they have monopolised for years. So anyone browsing sees the oldest listings first, do they even realise that the few new items are on the last page of the search?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information