Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Question received notification on email, but item & question disappeared from ebid

Default Question received notification on email, but item & question disappeared from ebid

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I woke up this morning and checked my emails.
    I had received an email telling me someone had asked a question in regards to an item.
    So I logged in to eBid and there is NO question in the Q&A.
    So checked the email to see what the item was to search for it, and it is no longer listed (and it hasn't sold in case anyone asks).

I know i've had questions asked before that never appeared in the Q&A, but this is the first time i've looked for the item to see if I could answer it that way.

Gazza, here is the link from the email

Click here to post an answer to the question.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/perl/normal....ction-question
    Replies by email will be lost.

Cheers,
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Default Re: Question received notification on email, but item & question disappeared from ebi

Yes I've had this happen in the past and it is annoying. A buyer will ask a question just before an item ends and then needs reposting and if you don't see the question in time it vanishes along with the listing ending.

I wish the question would remain in the Q&A box even though the item needs reposting as it might lead to a sale when it is reposted, if that makes sense ?!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Question received notification on email, but item & question disappeared from ebi

It has happened to me a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Yes I've had this happen in the past and it is annoying. A buyer will ask a question just before an item ends and then needs reposting and if you don't see the question in time it vanishes along with the listing ending.

I wish the question would remain in the Q&A box even though the item needs reposting as it might lead to a sale when it is reposted, if that makes sense ?!
    Cheers for the info.

The item can no longer be found in either "listings ran without sales" or "listing running without sales" or any other listing option.
    So in other words, it has just disappeared from eBid

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Cheers for the info.

The item can no longer be found in either "listings ran without sales" or "listing running without sales" or any other listing option.
    So in other words, it has just disappeared from eBid

Jason
    Do you still have the email from when it was originally listed ? If so you might be able to find it using the link from that if it has somehow ended up in the archives.

Do you still have the email from when it was originally listed ? If so you might be able to find it using the link from that if it has somehow ended up in the archives.
    Nope, even the links on the email are of no help.

"It seems this listing has either been deleted or it closed more than 75 days ago. If you wish to search the archives for this listing then please click here. Please note that photos are not kept for archived lstings."

and when I click on the search in the archives....

"Auction ID #170325168 not found"

It has literally disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Nope, even the links on the email are of no help.

"It seems this listing has either been deleted or it closed more than 75 days ago. If you wish to search the archives for this listing then please click here. Please note that photos are not kept for archived lstings."

and when I click on the search in the archives....

"Auction ID #170325168 not found"

It has literally disappeared.

That's interesting, maybe you have just stumbled across a cause for some of those vanished listings some of us have suffered in the past.

I know I had a batch when there was a big site update but I managed to find those in the archives. Maybe someone asking a question as a listing is finishing accounts for those that just vanish altogether ? I hope eBid will investigate.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 21st October 2018 at 10:07 AM.

That's interesting, maybe you have just stumbled across a cause for some of those vanished listings some of us have suffered in the past.

I know I had a batch when there was a big site update but I managed to find those in the archives. Maybe someone asking a question as a listing is finishing accounts for those that just vanish altogether ? I hope eBid will investigate.
    Sent them a message about this.
    Got the reply "For information on our list of regulations/banned items go to Help - Selling Faq:

29. What items are banned on eBid (eBid Auction Posting Rules)

G.I. Joe Steel Brigade v1 Attack Rifle (A) series 6 was removed due to the closeness to the real gun."

The item, after their own Manual Review, was returned to active when I informed them it was a small 3cm long piece of plastic.

However, the question is still gone, so I can only assume that is a potential sale no longer.

Beware of automatic checking from the system.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

there is a way around this. If you still have the email it should state their user name. If you go to the search bar on the drop down list you'll see eBid username search. type in their name. at the top right of their page their a contact button. You could send them a message referencing the auction explaining you've had an issue and their message got deleted. Might get that sale back

Thread Information