eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: YDC Rule Review Part III

Default Re: YDC Rule Review Part III

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Thank you all for the support and I will see what I can do for YDC 170 and following.

Just 1 question, with the exchange rate and amounts reported, what figures do you use to send to the charity. I sent the amount that was in my PP account because that seemed the amount that was donate whether it was the price of items sold or that + extra amounts donated.

And for clarification, I did ask about how to do the tally and was basically told to just do it! So I didn't ask anything else. I know the written word can sometimes be misunderstood, so I am moving on and spending my time on more important things!
    The amount you received is the amount you send ... that is exactly right.
    One caveat: if you won any auctions, you would add an amount to cover your purchases and any top up you would like.

Really? That is quite surprising. In our PM exchange throughout the month you never mentioned needing help with the tally thread.
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 3rd October 2018 at 11:47 PM. Reason: add caveat

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    It's the money in your account (if that was how it was received) We all know PayPal takes its cut, but you are not expected to make that up out of your pocket
    Thank you, that is the way I felt about it so sent the amount I received.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

youmeus your link for your household things store isn't working.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    youmeus your link for your household things store isn't working.
    Thank you, I will get that fixed right away.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Thank you all for the support and I will see what I can do for YDC 170 and following.

Just 1 question, with the exchange rate and amounts reported, what figures do you use to send to the charity. I sent the amount that was in my PP account because that seemed the amount that was donate whether it was the price of items sold or that + extra amounts donated.

And for clarification, I did ask about how to do the tally and was basically told to just do it! So I didn't ask anything else. I know the written word can sometimes be misunderstood, so I am moving on and spending my time on more important things!
    Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    It's the money in your account (if that was how it was received) We all know PayPal takes its cut, but you are not expected to make that up out of your pocket
    I'm with Meebo on this one.

I try to clarify on the tally who sent money direct to the charity and add that amount to the tally so everyone can see the totall raised. I add a note saying 'x amount' was sent directly to the charity.

Then when I send the money in I just send the payments I receive into my paypal account.

This means that I end up having several lists on paper added to as I go along to protect me from getting too muddled.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I'm with Meebo on this one.

I try to clarify on the tally who sent money direct to the charity and add that amount to the tally so everyone can see the totall raised. I add a note saying 'x amount' was sent directly to the charity.

Then when I send the money in I just send the payments I receive into my paypal account.

This means that I end up having several lists on paper added to as I go along to protect me from getting too muddled.
    What about money for any auctions you won?

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    What about money for any auctions you won?
    If I win any auctions then the seller reports what I have paid them or what I might have paid direct to the charity (I would message them about this). So my spends would be added to the seller totals and I add that to the tally

I leave it up to the seller to itemise details if they wish to add more than the total to their post

If I win any auctions then the seller reports what I have paid them or what I might have paid direct to the charity (I would message them about this). So my spends would be added to the seller totals and I add that to the tally
    Guess my point is, that money is usually not paid to the seller and then paid back to you ... it is added to the tally, but no money has been deposited to your PayPal account.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Guess my point is, that money is usually not paid to the seller and then paid back to you ... it is added to the tally, but no money has been deposited to your PayPal account.
    Oh...I see what you are asking...I think.

So if I am doing the tally and I buy from Thingummy who listed for the same charity then my buys would be on a scrap of paper that I add to as I win things.

The total of my buys would be added to the total in my Paypal account...can't remember how that would look on the tally (short memory)

The tally would still show my buys on the sellers' posts and my final total would be greater than the money paid to me.

So if all the seller totals came to £200 and my buys came to £25 on top of this then I would send £225 minus whatever sellers sent direct to the charities
    Last edited by moonwitch; 4th October 2018 at 03:05 PM.

Oh...I see what you are asking...I think.

So if I am doing the tally and I buy from Thingummy who listed for the same charity then my buys would be on a scrap of paper that I add to as I win things.

The total of my buys would be added to the total in my Paypal account...can't remember how that would look on the tally (short memory)

The tally would still show my buys on the sellers' posts and my final total would be greater than the money paid to me.

So if all the seller totals came to £200 and my buys came to £25 on top of this then I would send £225 minus whatever sellers sent direct to the charities
    I was with you right up to the last sentence.

To make things easier, let's say no seller sent direct to charity. If ALL sales are in the tally and £25 of that tally was for items you bought, then your PayPal account would have £175 in it.

What you send to the charity would be the £200 ... £175.00 that was in your PayPal account + £25.00 for the items you bought.

P.S. In lieu of a scrap of paper you could use the 2nd post of the tally thread for your notes.

Thread Information