eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: YDC Rule Review Part III

Default Re: YDC Rule Review Part III

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I'm sorry I stepped on toes with my suggestion so I will withdraw it and wish you all good luck with the future YDC's.
    I don't think you did anything wrong by raising an issue. You did however do a great job in raising some money for a worthy charity, and just like the rest of us can only do your best. Please carry on supporting the YDC we need to keep it going on both sides of the pond, there are enough ways that we are divided as it is.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

To YOUMEUS....at the end of the day we can only work with the tools we have to hand

You also had the currency conversions to add which I have never had to do

You did a fabulous job under trying circumstances and I would hate to see you leave the YDC

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    To YOUMEUS....at the end of the day we can only work with the tools we have to hand

You also had the currency conversions to add which I have never had to do

You did a fabulous job under trying circumstances and I would hate to see you leave the YDC
    Ditto that !

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I'm sorry I stepped on toes with my suggestion so I will withdraw it and wish you all good luck with the future YDC's.
    As others have stated, I also feel that making a suggestion is not stepping on toes. In addition, I hope you don't feel that anyone stepped on your toes in the course of the discussion. You made a suggestion and I felt any suggestion on how YDC is run should be brought up for discussion. That is why I started the tread.

The discussion was actually very illuminating to me. I had no idea that people took offense to detailed sales postings ... I thought I was just being thorough. Will definitely rethink how I post my YDC sales in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I agree with youmeus, Cornish and Jan. Let the Tally Thread owner set the terms out. Lump the sale and top up together is fine. (People, if so inclined and figure it out anyway, but I can't imagine anyone cares who gave what......it's the giving that's important)

I don't enter the competitions because I don't want to do the tally. Since this is a voluntary idea (YDC) there can only be so many rules and I don't see how there can be any enforcement. It's up to individuals to comply, or not. When they don't, it's harder. PP also makes it harder, as there are fees taken from some sales, and with friends and family PP, sometimes the giver gets hit with additional international fees.

Seriously, I hope that you, youmeus, aren't being put off YDC for some reason. You are one of the sweetest, kindest people here. I was so glad to see you joining in on the YDC!!
    Well said, and think that about sums it up ... at least in my humble opinion.

As an aside, if you ever did want to enter the competition, as cheaver pointed out earlier in this thread, I'm sure we could get you some help on doing the tally ... just need to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post

The discussion was actually very illuminating to me. I had no idea that people took offense to detailed sales postings ... I thought I was just being thorough. Will definitely rethink how I post my YDC sales in the future.

Hurry I'm afraid I won't be changing my reporting of sales that I have done for the last ten years as I think when it comes to charity money everything has to be very transparent and I like to let people know that every penny has been accounted for. If others object to this strongly then I shall gracefully bow out.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Hurry I'm afraid I won't be changing my reporting of sales that I have done for the last ten years as I think when it comes to charity money everything has to be very transparent and I like to let people know that every penny has been accounted for. If others object to this strongly then I shall gracefully bow out.
    Totally understand ... feel the same way about the transparency. And have questions about just reporting totals when there has been occasion that I know I sent more than a seller reported.

Like I said, "re-thinking" ... the thought that being transparent was offensive took me a bit by surprise ... not really sure how I will actually proceed.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

....... I think when it comes to charity money everything has to be very transparent and I like to let people know that every penny has been accounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    ......... there has been occasion that I know I sent more than a seller reported. .

Sarge - I totally agree.

Hurry = oh yes, I once sent £10 for an item - nowhere was either the £10 or me reported on the tally - errors can happen and without total declarations transparency is impossible I think.

Youmeus - some interesting points have arisen because of your post.....

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I agree with youmeus, Cornish and Jan. Let the Tally Thread owner set the terms out. Lump the sale and top up together is fine. (People, if so inclined and figure it out anyway, but I can't imagine anyone cares who gave what......it's the giving that's important)

I don't enter the competitions because I don't want to do the tally. Since this is a voluntary idea (YDC) there can only be so many rules and I don't see how there can be any enforcement. It's up to individuals to comply, or not. When they don't, it's harder. PP also makes it harder, as there are fees taken from some sales, and with friends and family PP, sometimes the giver gets hit with additional international fees.

Seriously, I hope that you, youmeus, aren't being put off YDC for some reason. You are one of the sweetest, kindest people here. I was so glad to see you joining in on the YDC!!
    Thank you for the kind words! I've got a little while to decide what to do but want to support the YDC 170.

I've been doing more listing here and was hoping it would be a good experience as well as help me clear out some more clutter----so back to cleaning!!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you all for the support and I will see what I can do for YDC 170 and following.

Just 1 question, with the exchange rate and amounts reported, what figures do you use to send to the charity. I sent the amount that was in my PP account because that seemed the amount that was donate whether it was the price of items sold or that + extra amounts donated.

And for clarification, I did ask about how to do the tally and was basically told to just do it! So I didn't ask anything else. I know the written word can sometimes be misunderstood, so I am moving on and spending my time on more important things!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's the money in your account (if that was how it was received) We all know PayPal takes its cut, but you are not expected to make that up out of your pocket

Thread Information