Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: YDC Rule Review Part III

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC Rule Review Part III

Oh dear, this is all getting a bit difficult I feel.

My 2 pennies worth - individual viewpoints, capabilities etc cannot be standardised into one single format I feel - so I shall just stick to my own organised (at least it is to me!) system if ever I am fortunate enough to do a YDC again.

Link to one of my own YDC tallies here to show what I mean :

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...hlight=YDC+129

If you strip away the graphics etc, and just focus on the Sections of what income came from where and for what you will know what I am trying to say.

No offence should have been taken, none was meant - it just presents a statement of fact. End of!

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I've always reported individual amounts paid from buyers to show that their total has been included correctly, and everybody used to do that years ago, otherwise how do buyers know if the total you are quoting is correct ? I don't show what any top ups were though, just the total amount sent from each person.

I used to do the same Sarge, for exactly the same reason - otherwise how do buyers know if the total you are quoting is correct ?
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Cheaver...that's pretty much what I post, Just the sellers' names and how much they raised in total.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it should also be said that for those to whom keeping a tally is totally daunting and beyond them there has always been folk about who are more than happy and willing to help them out and in some cases completely do a tally for them on their behalf - so that no-one should ever let doing a tally put them off doing a YDC - and anyone who is struggling with a tally has always had that option to ask for help if it got too much for them.

This, as far as I know, has always been the case. This is the generosity of spirit of the YDC'ers as I see it.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Hi Cheaver...that's pretty much what I post, Just the sellers' names and how much they raised in total.
    Yep - I had no problems following your tally.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961
    I always make it clear on my total if the buyer has paid direct to the person running the tally.[
    And I do the same, but that is not the case for everyone. It can get a bit confusing if a buyer sends money for more than one seller and doesn't give the breakdown. Guess it's the finance person in me. I like to have the check and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Yikes, I'm sorry if I've been causing offence all these years ! I've always reported individual amounts paid from buyers to show that their total has been included correctly, and everybody used to do that years ago, otherwise how do buyers know if the total you are quoting is correct ? I don't show what any top ups were though, just the total amount sent from each person.
    And I do the same, for the same reason. Had no idea it was offensive ... was trying to let my buyers know that every penny they sent was going to the charity.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I regularly got confused as to who posted what and so on so I included a note in THIS TALLY THREAD and that made things a lot simpler for me
    And that "note" is a fine example of my point. Thank you. And cheaver's comment below is my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Oh dear, this is all getting a bit difficult I feel.

My 2 pennies worth - individual viewpoints, capabilities etc cannot be standardised into one single format I feel.

No offence should have been taken, none was meant - it just presents a statement of fact. End of!
    If someone prefers that YDC sales be reported in a certain way they can note it in the first post of their tally thread. That way their preferences will not become the mandate for all.

If the general YDC rule compliance is any indication, then 75% of the people will do as they ask and 25% will do what they want.

Do we really want to add more "rules" to YDC?

And if you do, I ask again ... how would they be enforced?

Of course, as always ... in the end, I will follow the will of the people.

Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 2nd October 2018 at 01:59 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good reasoning all round. Keep things as they are?

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sorry I stepped on toes with my suggestion so I will withdraw it and wish you all good luck with the future YDC's.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

You didn't step on toes. It was something to think about. And if you do want to list something but not be part of the competition element of it, that is possible.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    1. sales should be reported by seller only. I was getting input from buyers and sellers.
    2. each item should include the item name, amount as well as which charity it is for.
    3. I would think it best to wait until all of the sellers items have been paid for before reporting.

I don't know how to do this but working with the different monies got confusing to me. The Money sent to my PP sometimes only had the buyers real name and I had trouble matching them with the username so had to ask and that took more time. The PP amount did not equal the amount the items sold for because some had fees taken out and others didn't and since I was donating proceeds from the sales I went with the PP total.

Sorry if I stepped on toes but I think these things would have made it easier for me.

Maybe I'm the only one who had trouble and if so ignore me and carry on!
    I agree with youmeus, Cornish and Jan. Let the Tally Thread owner set the terms out. Lump the sale and top up together is fine. (People, if so inclined and figure it out anyway, but I can't imagine anyone cares who gave what......it's the giving that's important)

I don't enter the competitions because I don't want to do the tally. Since this is a voluntary idea (YDC) there can only be so many rules and I don't see how there can be any enforcement. It's up to individuals to comply, or not. When they don't, it's harder. PP also makes it harder, as there are fees taken from some sales, and with friends and family PP, sometimes the giver gets hit with additional international fees.

Seriously, I hope that you, youmeus, aren't being put off YDC for some reason. You are one of the sweetest, kindest people here. I was so glad to see you joining in on the YDC!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thread Information