eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: YDC Rule Review Part III

Default YDC Rule Review Part III

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus
    suggest things could go more smoothly if there were some rules for reporting the sales.

So, thought I would open up a discussion on this.

1. Should there be rules for reporting YDC sales?

2. If yes, what should the rules be?

3. If yes, how would the rules be communicated?

4. If yes, how would the rules be enforced?

5. What other questions should I be asking?

For those that missed previous rule discussions, here are the links:

YDC Rule Review Part I
    YDC Rule Review Part II

Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 1st October 2018 at 07:40 PM.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC Rule Review Part III

1. sales should be reported by seller only. I was getting input from buyers and sellers.
    2. each item should include the item name, amount as well as which charity it is for.
    3. I would think it best to wait until all of the sellers items have been paid for before reporting.

I don't know how to do this but working with the different monies got confusing to me. The Money sent to my PP sometimes only had the buyers real name and I had trouble matching them with the username so had to ask and that took more time. The PP amount did not equal the amount the items sold for because some had fees taken out and others didn't and since I was donating proceeds from the sales I went with the PP total.

Sorry if I stepped on toes but I think these things would have made it easier for me.

Maybe I'm the only one who had trouble and if so ignore me and carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    1. sales should be reported by seller only. I was getting input from buyers and sellers.
    2. each item should include the item name, amount as well as which charity it is for.
    3. I would think it best to wait until all of the sellers items have been paid for before reporting.

I don't know how to do this but working with the different monies got confusing to me. The Money sent to my PP sometimes only had the buyers real name and I had trouble matching them with the username so had to ask and that took more time. The PP amount did not equal the amount the items sold for because some had fees taken out and others didn't and since I was donating proceeds from the sales I went with the PP total.

Sorry if I stepped on toes but I think these things would have made it easier for me.

Maybe I'm the only one who had trouble and if so ignore me and carry on!
    That answers the first two questions, what about the others?

Might be a bit pedant, but my humble opinion is if no one knows the rules and they can't be enforced what is their purpose.

I agree with Youmeus on those three rules. The reporting of totals has become a bit wonky over the years, even I get a bit confused sometimes - mind you it doesn't take much !!! Whoever is doing the tally thread could just post them in their first post as a reminder and rap anyone's knuckles who doesn't do it right !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I agree with Youmeus on those three rules. The reporting of totals has become a bit wonky over the years, even I get a bit confused sometimes - mind you it doesn't take much !!! Whoever is doing the tally thread could just post them in their first post as a reminder and rap anyone's knuckles who doesn't do it right !
    So the setting of any "rules" on reporting would fall to the person doing the tally?

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    So the setting of any "rules" on reporting would fall to the person doing the tally?

Think it would be the easiest way as then any newbies would see them when they come into the tally thread and it would remind the oldies too ! You could ask Meebo to include them next month just to kick start it.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe it would be much simpler/easier if only sellers reported their tallies which would include member's names, item sold, price, paid, charity.

I think the chairperson should set the 'reporting' rules (once discussed and agreed by other members)

The 'tally' person can then copy/paste the rules to their first tally post then list all the members names and respective charities.

If you know how to use tables on the forum, that's good. If not, no problem, but no headers please as it looks 'odd' when listing.

All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

When decisions have been made maybe make up a sample to be followed and see if it looks better/simpler. I had looked back at several YDC's and saw various styles were used.

How does this impact those paying for items from more than one seller? If only the seller reports, then payments would not always tie to reporting. Personally, that would confuse me even more.

Everyone does have a different style and preference on how they want to handle the tally thread. Are we sure we want to dictate how they do it rather than leave it up to the individual?

Jan, who is this chairperson you speak of?

All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    How does this impact those paying for items from more than one seller? If only the seller reJorts, then payments would not always tie to reporting. Personally, that would confuse me even more.

Everyone does have a different style and preference on how they want to handle the tally thread. Are we sure we want to dictate how they do it rather than leave it up to the individual?

Jan, who is this chairperson you speak of?

I have worked as a bookkeeper and have never done it without knowing what the system was that I was to work with. This method seems to be hard for a new person to do with no guidelines. l will withdraw my suggestions and just make sure I am not the one to do it again. I will be a buyer if there is anything I am interested in. Looking forward to YDC 170.

Thread Information