eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Add a 2nd postal/delivery address

Forum Newbie
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    All-About DarkAvenger
    View DarkAvenger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Add a 2nd postal/delivery address

I bought some items off eBid, but then the AUD/GBP rate collapsed before I could make payment. My solution is to have a UK business aquaintance join eBid and buy the same items on my behalf with his PayPal account. He's fine to do this for me and I'll pay him back when the rate recovers. The seller will then cancel my eBid invoice.

That would take care of payment, however as I live in Australia and my business aquaintance lives in the UK he would need the seller to ship the items to my Australian address. I know with eBay it's easy to add an alternative shipping address which is useful e.g.if you want to buy an item for a friend and have it shipped to them, but is this possible with eBid? If not what's the workaround?

Forum Newbie
    All-About DarkAvenger
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Add a 2nd postal/delivery address

I'd also ask eBid about this and their reply is:

"We only pass your registered address to the seller. We do not have the option to offer different shipping addresses. You would need to contact the seller to ask if they would ship to an alternative destination"

But that's just stating the very issue I'm asking!

The seller doesn't want to risk their PayPal 'Buyer Protection' by shipping the items to an address that would be different to the buyer's. Like I say having my business aquaintance purchase the items on my behalf solves the payment issue, but not the shipping issue!

This must surely be a fairly common situation - wanting an item bought to be delivered to a different person e.g. buying an item, say a birthday present, for a friend and wanting the seller to ship it direct to them.

I did read on these forums where a forum member suggested the following to a buyer regarding an overseas purchase:

"Don't change your address - just put a message in with your payment for dispatch to your friend's US address and back this up via the ASL [so that it's on record] and by email. I've used this method twice with eBid sellers in Canada & Australia for birthday presents with no problem"

Would doing the above be a solution to my seller's Buyer Protection concerns? i.e have my business aquaintance put a message in with their payment that they want the items shipped to a friend in Australia and back it up via the ASL so it's on record and also also repeat the message by email.
    Last edited by DarkAvenger; 11th October 2018 at 03:47 PM.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have in the past sent items to another address when asked through paypals message system but i dont know if it would cover you in case of loss. It really does depend on the value of the item.
    Could you not just pay in an alternative currency through paypal?
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DarkAvenger
    Forum Posts

Well if my business aquaintance made the purchases (which is the way it has to be) and he paid by PayPal he would automatically be covered by PayPal 'Buyer Protection' (payment for 'Goods and or Services') if the items were to arrive damaged which I think is highly unlikely! More likely is the items might go missing and for that 'International Tracking' is available for a small increase in postage cost.

You ask about making payment in an 'alternative currency'. I think you mean an 'alternative payment method' since obviously payment has to be in GBP!

Possibly my business aquaintance has a debit card? I don't know? I think possibly he may only have PayPal, but does eBid allow payment by debit/credit card or is payment method set by the seller? I know on eBay most sellers only allow payment by PayPal! That may be the case with the seller too I'd say.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DarkAvenger
    Forum Posts

I've just had a reply from the seller. He says:

"The problem is not with eBid not having the option for more than one delivery address, the eBid forum comments are not relevant. I will only post to the address that is on the Paypal payment"

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

sorry on that one.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information