Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ebay imports

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool ebay imports

Well, it's great to be able to import listings from ebay - but it's only for live listings... how about being able to import the unsold items over please... much more useful!

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebay imports

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Well, it's great to be able to import listings from ebay - but it's only for live listings... how about being able to import the unsold items over please... much more useful!
    Also I would like to be able to add these imports to a shop at the same time...

Just noticed a spelling error on the import window too:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 20sent06; 7th September 2018 at 12:43 PM. Reason: missing words

Be good if they uploaded the correct conditions for items also. All my 'new other' items are uploaded as new so I have had 5 out of 10 sales refunded or returned due to ebid not giving my buyers the correct information.

I'll end up with lots of negative feedback ;(

Quote Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post
    Be good if they uploaded the correct conditions for items also. All my 'new other' items are uploaded as new so I have had 5 out of 10 sales refunded or returned due to ebid not giving my buyers the correct information.

People have suggested you do a bulk edit. You've not responded to that suggestion, but I suspect that's because you also sell some 'new' products, so presumably you'd want to retain their condition as new?

How did you transfer your items? There's three different methods. Perhaps the spreadsheet method would give you what you need. For example you might select only the 'new other' items for import into an ebid spreadsheet and then do a global edit on the relevant column. Not totally automatic, but potentially a lot less effort if you have hundreds of items to handle at a time?

What do you think?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Since such errors don't appear to get any official responses (even just 'thank you' would be nice occasionally), let alone fixes, I guess Website Suggestions and Website Glitches aren't the right forums for such reports.

Maybe we need a new forum "Website and Ninja Spelling"?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    All-About WaynesStorage
    View WaynesStorage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Has this question been answered? I don't see any responding posts.

If you had been using Turbo Lister, it was easy to import the unsold listings into Ninja Lister. The spreadsheet alternative (export unsold listings to a file, then import to ebid) and johnwash1's idea of doing it in separate batches for New and Used items seems workable. There are differences between what different sites use in their listings (categories, photo standards, shipping options, etc.), along with constant changes to the data fields, so the idea that everything is going to come over perfectly without having to review and adjust some fields seems an unreasonably high expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by MustBeNice View Post

It would be nice if the “condition description” field could be imported with space for a short note.
    I would just put it in the description for now. Even if there was a “new/other” field it wouldn’t actually tell you what the “other” refers to.? There is an option for “unused”

Forum Newbie
    View mrrosado1234's Feedback (+952)
    All-About mrrosado1234
    View mrrosado1234's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also I would like to be able to add these imports to a shop at the same time...

I like this idea. Bonanza just automatically imports everything from ebay. Ebid could in theory do the same.
    check out my ebid store www.baseballcards.gq

Thread Information