Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Since I started over 3 months ago I didn't sell a single item

Default Re: Since I started over 3 months ago I didn't sell a single item

You will have to remove PPPay as a payment option because eBid do not offer it any more.
    ~Jan~

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    I had a look at your listing, and you have free shipping on the ones I looked at. That means if I buy 2 or more I don't get a discount. But i'm going to guess you would ship 2 t-shirts in the same package rather than separately (correct me if i'm wrong as I do not know)? If you put the shipping cost on you could entice buyers to purchase multiple items through combined shipping, especially since it costs the same to ship 1 or 2 t-shirts, possibly more depending on your method of shipping.
    I get the impression buyers quite like "free shipping" on any auction site. And it certainly avoids irritating comments from buyers who only look at the postage charged and don't take account of your time packing and taking it to a post office.

If one makes multiple sales with free shipping, can one not offer a discount?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Diehard
    Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View tony41's Feedback (+4866)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I get the impression buyers quite like "free shipping" on any auction site. And it certainly avoids irritating comments from buyers who only look at the postage charged and don't take account of your time packing and taking it to a post office.

If one makes multiple sales with free shipping, can one not offer a discount?
    I have always thought it best to price each item individually and add postage afterwards making it clear that I always combine postage. It works for me selling stamps. When I am buying I prefer it also. I always feel cheated if sellers use "free shipping" and send two or more items in one package. I much prefer to have the shipping separate from the cost of the items. I have never had anyone comment on my postage charges.
    Anyway there is no such thing as "free shipping"

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I always feel cheated if sellers use "free shipping" and send two or more items in one package. I much prefer to have the shipping separate from the cost of the items. I have never had anyone comment on my postage charges.
    Anyway there is no such thing as "free shipping"
    The "free" shipping is always some amount tacked onto the price. Either the site has great volume (in which case they can negotiate lower wholesale prices to make up for the "free" shipping, and/or the average total shopping cart at checkout is high enough that the cost is absorbed). It really doesn't work for small purchases, unless the seller is in a country like China that subsidizes postage rates on exports. On yet other sites, there is a minimum purchase amount before "free" shipping kicks (to encourage larger shopping cart totals). On other sites, I've tried adding the shipping cost to Buy Now items, and have had buyers doing that. However, "free" shipping really doesn't work for auction items (the starting bid price has to cover postage, which often looks way to high to potential bidders).

Even if you offer a discount on multiple items, the price displayed to bidders/buyers looks unnecessarily high when cost of shipping is folded into the price. In my experience, buyers will NOT bother to do any calculation of discounts. They may appreciate it after the fact, but it won't color the average buyer's decision to buy. It is difficult enough to get them to read in the description that combined shipping is available. I have come to expect that combined shipping will be offered on request, but many more folks seem oblivious to that possibility and many ignore the shipping part of the transaction entirely. I wish some automated calculation of shipping cost were available, but none of the sites on which I've sold has cracked that particular nut, and shipping calculations for shopping cart software on single-seller sites are mind-bending in themselves, let alone on auction sites such as here.

That said, if a seller decides to offer "free" shipping on their items, and offers a discount for multiple items shipped together, then that is great. I'm sure some will appreciate the discount, if they bother to ask for an invoice prior to paying (same process as when asking for an invoice to receive combined shipping discounts). I just don't think that most buyers these days will make any effort to look beyond the list price of the item when deciding to buy.

If I click on 'View lukreativedesign's Listings' I don't see any prices. But if I do that with others (I just checked a couple) I do.

Why the difference?

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    If I click on 'View lukreativedesign's Listings' I don't see any prices. But if I do that with others (I just checked a couple) I do.

Why the difference?
    Would it have anything to do with all the listings having size/color/quantity options?
    ~Jan~

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    Would it have anything to do with all the listings having size/color/quantity options?
    Maybe. Good point, if so. Makes it more difficult for a potential buyer to be attracted.

Well i am in the same Boat
    I have been around for 8 years i tried then for a couple of months and nothing sold.
    Emigrated to Ebay with success
    Now feed up with ebay fees i came back to my lifetime account have been around for several months and not 1 item sold
    Indecently i have for sale item that i sell 10/15 items daily on Ebay with a better price here in Ebid and not 1 item sold
    To me it Seems this platform is completely dead.
    Or where am i going wrong.

View madelaine's Feedback (+4468)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

This site is not dead but the traffic is tiny compared with the other place (not supposed to mention the name).

I realise that your margin may not be great but 25p isn't enough to tempt a buyer to buy here rather than in the place he is familiar with. Most buyers will probably have hit bin over there before thinking that they might be cheaper somewhere else.

Can't find your eBid listing on Google shopping. Have you completed the brand and barcode boxes? (unbranded and exempt are what you put if you don't have values to put in)
    Madelaine

Five shops raising funds for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice - all sorts of stuff
    Vintage & Modern Postcards
    BK Stamps for my Philatelic listings
    and Yarnalong for craft patterns and some materials
    not to mention
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Hi Madelaine thank you for your time and trouble to answer .
    I have taken into consideration your info and altered and put some more items for sale
    my account was opened in Portugal can this be the problem?
    I have tried to put the item for sale in pounds but only possible in Euro.

Thread Information