eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Paypal Shipping Label Issue

Forum Newbie
    View MarketPal's Feedback (+908)
    All-About MarketPal
    View MarketPal's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Paypal Shipping Label Issue

I recently posted a parcel using the 'print the shipping label' on the dropdown menu associated with the buyer. I was taken to Paypal where I bought and printed the shipping label, which I understand is the buyer's verified address.

I learned that the parcel didn't reach the destination as 'lost in the post'. Perhaps a problem due to reduced postal service staff, because of the current COVID-19 situation? I sent a replacement item. That parcel didn't arrive either!! The buyer has informed me that the address on their Paypal account is incorrect. Therefore, the printed Paypal shipping labels sent the two parcels to the wrong address, although located in the same area as correct address.

I don't have another replacement item the buyer is requesting a refund via Paypal.

What now?

Default Re: Paypal Shipping Label Issue

I assume that the parcels will be returned to you by the postal/delivery service (you may need to contact the delivery service). This is not your mistake, as you sent to the address Paypal has on file. If the tracking shows that the package has been delivered, then you've done your part. Go to Paypal's site and read about their "Seller Protection" policies.

If the address Paypal has on file is incorrect, the customer will certainly need to update it before making any further purchase. In the meantime, you may want to place this person's account on your "My Blackball" list.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MarketPal
    Forum Posts

Thank you rocks2dust,
    The parcels have not been returned to me, as the address sent is a real address, so it is not the fault of the delivery service. I guess the person living at that address supplied,(with the same name as the buyer) has accepted and kept both parcels. I am already out of pocket sending a replacement item, I have no intention of giving a refund too, as expected by the buyer.

I will take your advice and read Paypal 'Seller Protection' policies and Blackball this person.

Quote Originally Posted by MarketPal View Post
    Thank you rocks2dust,
    The parcels have not been returned to me, as the address sent is a real address, so it is not the fault of the delivery service. I guess the person living at that address supplied,(with the same name as the buyer) has accepted and kept both parcels. I am already out of pocket sending a replacement item, I have no intention of giving a refund too, as expected by the buyer.

I will take your advice and read Paypal 'Seller Protection' policies and Blackball this person.
    It is the buyers responsability to make sure their address is up to date, therefore the fault lies with them. I state on all my listing that I will only send to their main address registered on PayPal. If this differs from the one supplied by eBid, then I send them a question asking them to confirm the Paypal one is still valid.

On another note, if you sent the parcel via Royal mail, then you will have been given a reference number which you can input into their tracking system to see if it has been delivered or not.
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MarketPal
    Forum Posts

Thank you for your advice and information.

Thread Information