eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A Couple of Questions About Royal Mail Tracked And Signed Service

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A Couple of Questions About Royal Mail Tracked And Signed Service

Hi, As I was working through my new terms and conditions as I am opening up my items internationally; I thought it best to fully investigate the shipping option I have chosen.

It is a good thing that I did, as the situation is far from clear if you refer to the Royal Mail's website (not for the first time).

Maybe I am reading the chart wrong or the person that compiled it did not check what they were typing but the situation seems to be that for Australia, Estonia and Norway the Tracked and Signed ioption is not available according to one column, but according to other entries it is.

Also Monaco is not listed, although I can't believe that they do not have a postal system.

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...-April2017.pdf

Can anyone shed any light on these matters please?

Thanks.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Default Re: A Couple of Questions About Royal Mail Tracked And Signed Service

Although it issues its own stamps, Monaco's mail services are run by France's La Poste company.

Availability of services such as sign and tracked internationally are negotiated between carriers. For example, tracking is included for ordinary First Class and Priority packages from the USA delivered to Germany, but not to Denmark. The countries where tracking is available can change whenever their bilateral contracts come up for re-negotiation. I suspect the situation is the same for the Royal Mail.
    Last edited by rocks2dust; 16th December 2017 at 07:00 PM.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: A Couple of Questions About Royal Mail Tracked And Signed Service

Thanks, although stamps aren't my thing I was convinced that I had seen some from Monaco in the past. If they come under France that would make sense, as as far as I know there is a similar arrangement for the Isle of Man who while they do not have a royal family are either completely or partially self governing but piggy back on the mainland's royal mail system.

It is surprising that with the other Countries i could select either tracked or signed but not both. So I guess I will go with the tracked option for them as paypal are insistent on that.

I don't know what I will do about South Africa and other countries which only have the signature option; although I think I will deal with that situation if and when it happens. I am sure I would be able to source a courier and most of them do tracked and signed, but it would be very expensive.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information