My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

I hope you have managed to sort it and don't get any more hassle, Marie.

I see this in PP now - I wonder if this has caused, and will cause, even more hassle.....

Attachment 61832
    This PayPal nonsense has affected quite of few of us here. I wonder how many more eBidders who don't post on the forums have had these unsolicited deposits. I wonder if there is a connection when a person gets a new buyer purchase who turns out to be a NPB and buyer immediately receives a strike out. The buyer then has a paypal address to mess with?

Thanks for the information about the new paypal change.

I just had somebody offer me 99 cents on a $1 item, and then send a message asking for my PayPal email. The eBid Auction Patrol sent me an email that advised me to cancel the order. The user account was promptly deleted. They're probably harvesting email addresses. Maybe the 2¢ deposit and subsequent fishing email will come will come to me soon.

There is no need to change your password because someone knows your PayPal email and decided to put money in your account.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

just had a random deposit via paypal for 1 cent [got eaten up by fees anyway], the account was a gmail email with a different name to delivery address (yes I know partners sometimes share accs)called paypal and they said this is usually related to some sort of pension scam. Send small amounts out to test accs. Don't know exactly the mechanism. But apparently the acc was registered in Canada with US postal address - and had only ever sent this one payment. Anyway that acc is now blocked and under investigation. So still going on

I've gotten 3 more of the 1c, 2c, 3c payments. Yes, the senders have changed their strategy from sending friends and family to sending a penny and then the fees eat it up.

I really dislike talking on the telephone and the idea of phoning paypal is anxiety inducing. I wrote them again, but I get responses that aren't any help at all.

Forum Lurker
    West Hampstead, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View kodakfish's Feedback (+2289)
    All-About kodakfish
    View kodakfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

my first contact with paypal was very friendly and productive - they refunded etc...
    the next day it happened again phoned them and I was told to just refund. He got very narky with me that I was unhappy to do that as at 0.01 of any currency - the actual deposit gets eaten by fees. If I refund I get charged 0.01 currency of home country. He got really nasty before telling me he wasn't going to argue with me over 1 penny. I had to explain to him how the amounts add up over time. Mid hissy fit he said I'll deposit £1 in your account as you refuse to be reasonable (facepalm). He then told me to remove my emails from paypal [?????????????] to stop it happening. But they do want to know about accs doing this

maybe if paypal stopped sending out email to get people to send a 1p and earn £10 to tom dick and harry to get them to join it would help

Why not invite a friend to PayPal? Just send them 1p, and when they sign up, link their card, and spend £5 or more, you can both get a tenner! T&Cs apply.
    Send 1p now
    Here’s how
    Send 1p to a mate who doesn’t have a PayPal account
    Ask them to sign up and link their bank account or card
    When they spend or send £5+, we’ll send you both a tenner
    Even better, you can do this with up to five friends, so you could get £50 for sending 1p to five friends (just don’t forget to remind them to send or spend at least £5). Ends 31 March. T&Cs apply.
    Send 1p now

PS I have removed the live links

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had a few of these deposits - not related to bidders here or anywhere else. I just refund the payment and ignore it.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I've had a few of these deposits - not related to bidders here or anywhere else. I just refund the payment and ignore it.
    I've just refused a 1c payment from a similar person - in the US with a gmail account.
    Not related to any bidder/buyer/eBid connection at all - completely out of the blue.

I have just declined to accept the 1c and there is no fee showing on my pp account.

edit: interesting! I just googled the name of the sender and this person died in 1981 according to
    Content Source:Social Security Administration
    Last edited by cheaver; 10th February 2020 at 08:27 AM.

Thread Information