eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    But then Paypal charge you the processing fee. Don't just leave it.
    I have had customers reversing payments months after the sale and Paypal charged me £15 and took back whatever the original invoice came too.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I have had customers reversing payments months after the sale and Paypal charged me £15 and took back whatever the original invoice came too.
    These payments received are unsolicited. There is no invoice or sale involved. No address. No message. Just a name and a PayPal account emal address.

Today I ended up with a payment received for 1c and one for 2c. Only a name and a paypal account. The name on the paypal account doesn't match the name of the sender.

PayPal support says to reverse these. Posts on other message boards indicates that a reversal will allow the sender of funds access through a back door into my paypal account.

I have over $50 sitting in the USD portion of my PayPal account. It started with a NPB from the US. Then the payments in USD started coming.

Can't say I trust PayPal support. I'm reluctant to click the links. I don't understand this. Seems like phishing to me. Christmas time is a good time to phish. People are buying online. They are stressed, busy, and tired.

If they want the USD back, they are welcome to it. I do wish that I understood this.

when I got them I rang paypal and told them i wanted them to remove the payments and block the sender and they did after a bit of arguing

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    when I got them I rang paypal and told them i wanted them to remove the payments and block the sender and they did after a bit of arguing
    in my case paypal recommended and did the same as well as insisting on password change. I have had no problem since.
    There was no fee involved.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    in my case paypal recommended and did the same as well as insisting on password change. I have had no problem since.
    There was no fee involved.
    I wrote PayPal, explained the situation and my concerns. I asked PayPal to reverse these unsolicited deposits. PayPal said that they could not reverse and advised me to do it.

you need to ring them and carry on ringing them until you get someone with a brain cell, Have you paid a charge to receive the payment as they now keep it if you refund, well they do in the UK not sure about Canada.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons is right. You have to phone them.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

First time I had a 2p deposit I contacted PayPal who said that they weren't aware of this scam (althought searching the web proved otherwise) and advised me to refund and move along.
    Last time I had a 2p deposit, I refunded straight away.
    A couple of days later I received an email to say that the payment was being reversed and that I would be charged the fee (I think was £14).
    I then logged into my account, but no such reversal was made, and never has been.
    PayPal said that if I hadn't refunded then the reversal could be made up to 6 months later and that my action was the correct one.

So my advice would be to refund immediately after the deposit is made, change your password and get on with your life. You can't have a chargeback on a deposit that does not exist!
    It appears that these are phishing deposits to see if your account is active or dormant, if dormant then at some point you will get a false PayPal email that requires you to log in via the email, if you do that then your account will get hacked.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thanks to all who have responded. I guess it's time that I took some action.

Edited to add. Wrote to PayPal again. Did the refunds. Changed the password and added security questions.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Thanks to all who have responded. I guess it's time that I took some action.

Edited to add. Wrote to PayPal again. Did the refunds. Changed the password and added security questions.

I hope you have managed to sort it and don't get any more hassle, Marie.

I see this in PP now - I wonder if this has caused, and will cause, even more hassle.....

Name:  pp.png
Views: 33
Size:  13.5 KB

Thread Information