My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    if you receive stolen funds into your PP account you are guilty of receiving stolen funds, no if or butts,
    Or even buts. How do I (or even you) know that they're stolen? Maybe I have a generous anonymous benefactor who feels like rewarding me for the many good deeds in my life!

you are 99.9% correct about text read only settings, but when i read up on email only viruses, there are one or two out there, but are extremely rare, the email providers normally block anything thats not text and you have to "allow" to show anything else
    No Sid, I'm not 99.9%, but 100% correct. I may not be fully conversant with laws about inadvertent money laundering, but I sure as Hell know what I'm talking about when it comes to IT security. YOU CANNOT GET INFECTED BY MERELY VIEWING A TEXT-MODE DISPLAY OF AN EMAIL. Whereas it is not wise to view emails, even ones that purport to be from people you know, in HTML-mode, because they could include rogue scripts that may be executed by the HTML renderer. Use a mailer (or web mail system) that allows you to view the content initially in text-mode, so that if it looks suspicious you can then view the original source to see the raw HTML, and only after that view it (if necessary and safe) in HTML-mode.

Personally I discourage my correspondents from sending me 'pretty' emails using HTML -- if I can't view it adequately as text then I'm probably not interested in the content. But that's a story for another time.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Or even buts. How do I (or even you) know that they're stolen? Maybe I have a generous anonymous benefactor who feels like rewarding me for the many good deeds in my life!

No Sid, I'm not 99.9%, but 100% correct. I may not be fully conversant with laws about inadvertent money laundering, but I sure as Hell know what I'm talking about when it comes to IT security. YOU CANNOT GET INFECTED BY MERELY VIEWING A TEXT-MODE DISPLAY OF AN EMAIL. Whereas it is not wise to view emails, even ones that purport to be from people you know, in HTML-mode, because they could include rogue scripts that may be executed by the HTML renderer. Use a mailer (or web mail system) that allows you to view the content initially in text-mode, so that if it looks suspicious you can then view the original source to see the raw HTML, and only after that view it (if necessary and safe) in HTML-mode.

Personally I discourage my correspondents from sending me 'pretty' emails using HTML -- if I can't view it adequately as text then I'm probably not interested in the content. But that's a story for another time.

unfortunately this thread is not about what you advise your correspondents its advise for us mere mortals,

any ways for those who are not sure after are friends ill advise ,read up on "drive by emails" they are quite capable of avoiding simple virus security
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I am now being conned on my bobile phone, sorry meant scammed, £6 used on premium rate texts in 3 days, i havent even made a phone call never mind a text and O2 tell me to take it to a shop for them to sort it, well I just told them where they can put their sim card

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I am now being conned on my bobile phone, sorry meant scammed, £6 used on premium rate texts in 3 days, i havent even made a phone call never mind a text and O2 tell me to take it to a shop for them to sort it, well I just told them where they can put their sim card

Not to be little what your saying buttons but your bank will be contacting you very soon about sharing your bank account details with other companies, very soon that goes for everyone be very very careful what you agree too

i just cancelled my auto top up with them and will ring the bank in to morning, is all this because of equifax do you think.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    i just cancelled my auto top up with them and will ring the bank in to morning, is all this because of equifax do you think.
    could well be, wasn't there some thing a while ago about them getting hacked,

all these these companies are being linked through deals ,to sell/pass on information, i should read the small print on every thing from now on, see my previous post

yes but they announced yesterday that they will be sending out letters to the UK customers as well as they have now admitted it affected the customers here as well, kept that quiet didn't they

Thats O2 sorted and the money now back on my phone, they said someone has been third party using it to send premium rate texts, it took 4 calls to get someone with a brain at the other end all premium rate numbers have been stopped on my phone and i now get calls for 5 p a minI told them i was going to have it Unlocked and change to BT

and i have now had another echeque paid into my paypal account for
    £3,284.35

rang up and they will not do anything about it so in the morning i am contacting the police

Thread Information