Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to export Windows 10 calendar to a GMX account?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How to export Windows 10 calendar to a GMX account?

Hi, I am intending doing a fresh install of Windows 10 on my laptop, the only thing preventing this is that I would lose all the settings in the calendar. My plan is to export the info to my GMX account. However I can find no instructions on how to do this. (I have done a g******le search and still not come up with instructions that I can use.

Can anyone help please?
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to export Windows 10 calendar to a GMX account?

I've no idea what a GMX account is...but https://www.tenforums.com/backup-res...endar-app.html gives details of exporting the calendar. You can then save the file somewhere or email it as an attachment to yourself and restore it later.
    Last edited by astral276; 25th August 2017 at 10:32 PM.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Hi Mel, Sorry I should have explained GMX is a webmail programme.

I clicked the link you gave, but am still baffled - I have clicked the link you gave me, then into the 2nd post of the attached thread. But am still baffled because I am not able to locate a page with an export facility anywhere.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't run Win 10 (it only lasted an hour on my PC) so I can't offer any insight from experience.

The post https://www.tenforums.com/backup-res...tml#post526595 indicates that you are not going to see an 'Export' link. Follow the links (and images) they give in Outlook and see where that takes you. If that fails then you may be better served by a fellow Win 10 user.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

lofty ~ I'm guessing you might not have an Outlook a/c, just a GMX one. If that's the case, this is how it looks to me..... (in case you are thinking of opening an Outlook a/c for the purpose)

Name:  c1.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  17.8 KB

Name:  c2.png
Views: 56
Size:  7.0 KB

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the help Cheaver, but it looks as though the calendar I have on my laptop is deffo outlook/mickysoft. It is a different style and layout from the one that I see when I log in to GMX.e

I finally found the share option that Mel was talking about (well-hidden) as are all things that micysoft don't really want to tell you. The whole setup it weird, when I click the share link I am taken to a page in the google store which tells me I already have that installed.

On the page there is a small share button, which takes me to an option to email the link to my email address. The email contains a link which when pressed takes you back to the google shop. Annoyingly when I send the email it is not received by the email address to which it was sent. I have tried sending to both my gmx and gmail accounts with no success. (Have tried both refresh buttons and rebooting the computer - still nothing).

So it looks as though I will have to print off the calendar pages and then manually reset everything when I relaunch, a real pain in the patella.

The more I learn about microsoft and google the more I think I may be better off with Ubuntu or Linux. Although then I would have no tech back up, at the moment I can ask other folks who also use windows; but I do not know any users of the other systems.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    The more I learn about microsoft and google the more I think I may be better off with Ubuntu or Linux. Although then I would have no tech back up, at the moment I can ask other folks who also use windows; but I do not know any users of the other systems.
    Drum Roll please, there are a few of us Linux users about......

I only lasted on Windows for a couple of years - now in about 9th Linux year..... love it to pieces! I am using Linux Mint 18 (Sarah).

edit: also, there are some really advanced users on here (not me!) - such a bonus, and the Linux Forum Community is brilliant too.

Last edited by cheaver; 26th August 2017 at 03:38 PM.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Linux support? oh LOL!!! I just googled LUG (Linux User Group), Birmingham ~ crikey! How much fun and support do you want? Oh ROFL!!!

Name:  1.png
Views: 50
Size:  90.5 KB
    Last edited by cheaver; 26th August 2017 at 06:33 PM.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=cheaver;1689533]Drum Roll please, there are a few of us Linux users about......

I only lasted on Windows for a couple of years - now in about 9th Linux year..... love it to pieces! I am using Linux Mint 18 (Sarah).

edit: also, there are some really advanced users on here (not me!) - such a bonus, and the Linux Forum Community is brilliant too.

[/QUOTE
    That reminds me of when I was diagnosed with Psoriasis, I was given some leaflets to read one of which mentioned the just 2% of the population had this affliction. My only previous knowledge of psoriasis was when watching The Singing Detective, The English Patient and that Leann Rimes suffered with it at an early age.

I thought "2%, that is small and that means that there aren't many people around" - right? It seems that "2%" is either very large or the stats are way out; I am amazed at how many people know someone that has it or has it themselves.

I guess there are more Linux users out there than I thought. Can you recommend anywhere that I can read up on Linux?

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

................. I guess there are more Linux users out there than I thought. Can you recommend anywhere that I can read up on Linux?[/QUOTE]

There's lots about it here on eBid forum for a start - just put Linux in the search box & you'll find threads there.

Then you can google Linux.... lots more there including the Linux Community Forum etc etc etc ad infinitum.

Your local LUG group I am sure would be happy to chat with you about using Linux, and demonstrate different Linux systems for you I'm sure... and help you download/install if you wanted to give it a go. It's a whole new world and one I wouldn't swap for anything. When a new OS comes out (I tend to use the 5 year supported ones) then I download the file, burn it to disc, install and off I go for another 5 years! All for free!

ps - updates take a couple of minutes at most and no anti virus to mess with or drag everything down!

Thread Information