My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Repost option to include unlimited

Default Repost option to include unlimited

Could the option for 'unlimited' be added to the Auto Repost drop down list (currently maximum of 10)?

I appreciate there is the 'Run Until Sold', and this may seem to be the same. My reason for asking is twofold.

A search on Google for one of my items returned it as the number one, in front of the same item from sellers over on the bay. Unfortunately it no longer linked to the item and showed this message instead

Name:  Studio_20160613_172224.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  6.6 KB

This was because the item had been auto reposted 10 times, after which i had to both delete it and repost it again. Obviously this can mean a lost sale as after the 10 auto reposts, my item gets moved with a new item number and loses its Google search ranking.

The second reason is that by having an unlimited auto repost instead of run until sold, my items still circulate around both my shop and on ebid instead of sitting at the bottom of the searches.

Many thanks

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Repost option to include unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Saturdayat3 View Post
    Could the option for 'unlimited' be added to the Auto Repost drop down list (currently maximum of 10)?

I appreciate there is the 'Run Until Sold', and this may seem to be the same. My reason for asking is twofold.

A search on Google for one of my items returned it as the number one, in front of the same item from sellers over on the bay. Unfortunately it no longer linked to the item and showed this message instead

Name:  Studio_20160613_172224.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  6.6 KB

This was because the item had been auto reposted 10 times, after which i had to both delete it and repost it again. Obviously this can mean a lost sale as after the 10 auto reposts, my item gets moved with a new item number and loses its Google search ranking.

The second reason is that by having an unlimited auto repost instead of run until sold, my items still circulate around both my shop and on ebid instead of sitting at the bottom of the searches.

Many thanks

Just reset the repost count before they run out, this can be done in bulk edit if you have lots due to run out together.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    Just reset the repost count before they run out, this can be done in bulk edit if you have lots due to run out together.
    Thanks Sherlock. A good work around if Gazza doesn't give the option for unlimited, and I will use it when I can. But not the ideal for me.

Just had a look at the bulk edit option, and I don't have a way of searching by number of reposts left. Because I have over 1750 items in various categories with varying finish times, this idea won't work for me.

I would presumably have to put all my items into bulk edit and schedule them all to finish at the same time.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saturdayat3 View Post
    Just had a look at the bulk edit option, and I don't have a way of searching by number of reposts left. Because I have over 1750 items in various categories with varying finish times, this idea won't work for me.

I would presumably have to put all my items into bulk edit and schedule them all to finish at the same time.

I think that if you just change the reposts nothing else changes, they still keep running for anytime that is left then just repost as if nothing else has changed.

also when you go to bulk edit is reposts not one of the criteria that you can search for? not used bulk edit in a while so not sure. If so just look for say 1 repost then change it to 10.

or Is there any thing in your title, description , price etc that you could use to batch them into similar items.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    I think that if you just change the reposts nothing else changes, they still keep running for anytime that is left then just repost as if nothing else has changed.

also when you go to bulk edit is reposts not one of the criteria that you can search for? not used bulk edit in a while so not sure. If so just look for say 1 repost then change it to 10.

or Is there any thing in your title, description , price etc that you could use to batch them into similar items.
    I just put all my items into the bulk edit and changed them all to 10 auto reposts. Some have less than 24 hours to run so I will just bulk edit them all again in 99 days.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

My advice would be to do the relist earlier than that in case of website or computer malfunctions.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information