eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Non paying buyer. FVF charged unfair rule.

Default Re: Non paying buyer. FVF charged unfair rule.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    I had a new customer "buy" 15 items at once (majority of my items are "buy Now", yet did not pay.
    After sending 3 payment reminders, they only contacted me once i'd marked one of the items as NPB.
    They said they were new and didn't realise that adding it to the basket was buying it, and asked to cancel the sales.
    I explained the process for marking as NPB to reclaim FVF. Unfortunately, after 15 NPB (I don't know why the invoice couldn't be marked as just one NPB), their account was closed
    So maybe the "Basket" is the problem.
    I don't understand. It's not a basket on eBid. If a buyer BINs (Buy It Now) 15 items, then surely they understand that they are buying it now and that they will receive an adjusted / combined invoice? Buy It Now means a commitment to purchase.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think what BKA was referring to is that new users are under the impression that the items are put in a basket and that they can go through later and pick out the best of the options they have selected and delete the others. It is really surprising how many people do not read what is in front of them, in my work I come into contact with highly trained professionals, some of who do not bother to read the recruitment forms and put surname where first name should be and date of birth occasionally gets filled in as today's date.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

It's true, Lofty100e, that people often don't read the listings very carefully.

It's hard to understand how someone could misunderstand about the "Buy It Now" button.

"Buy It Now" doesn't mean "Add To Cart" or "Add To Watch List". On the bay, BIN is the same as what we have here.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I don't understand. It's not a basket on eBid. If a buyer BINs (Buy It Now) 15 items, then surely they understand that they are buying it now and that they will receive an adjusted / combined invoice? Buy It Now means a commitment to purchase.
    I can only supply the info that said "buyer" provided to me. But I too do not get how you can ignore the fact that an item only has a "Buy It Now" button on Ebid.
    Although lately, I am getting more customers becoming NPB's.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

No
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I think what BKA was referring to is that new users are under the impression that the items are put in a basket and that they can go through later and pick out the best of the options they have selected and delete the others. It is really surprising how many people do not read what is in front of them, in my work I come into contact with highly trained professionals, some of who do not bother to read the recruitment forms and put surname where first name should be and date of birth occasionally gets filled in as today's date.
    Reminds me of an exercise I did on a promotion exam.

We were given a paper with about 20 questions on. The instructions at the top were to read all questions on the paper before commencing answering any.

The questions were all simple answers, mixed in were some daft tasks such as 'Shout out "I have answered question 10"' and 'Stand up and wave your paper now". The last 'question' was " Write your name in the adjacent box and wait for your paper to be collected. Do not answer any of the other questions.".

Of course, very few read and/or followed the initial instruction and started working through and answering the questions immediately. So the few (I was one) that had read the paper as instructed just sat and sniggered as the other made fools of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    I can only supply the info that said "buyer" provided to me. But I too do not get how you can ignore the fact that an item only has a "Buy It Now" button on Ebid.
    Although lately, I am getting more customers becoming NPB's.
    I'm not ignoring the fact. It would be nice to have a type of cart system here. There are many options that I'd like to see here. But, the fact is, that I'm appreciative for the various options that are available, considering the price that I pay to use eBid.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I'm not ignoring the fact. It would be nice to have a type of cart system here. There are many options that I'd like to see here. But, the fact is, that I'm appreciative for the various options that are available, considering the price that I pay to use eBid.
    It would probably be too difficult to set up a cart system on eBid because there are so many different ways to pay. A cart system works when there is only one way to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    It would probably be too difficult to set up a cart system on eBid because there are so many different ways to pay. A cart system works when there is only one way to pay.
    Over on Etsy, items are put in a cart. A buyer can pay with Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, American Express, Discover and maybe over methods that I'm not aware of. I'm not a seller there, but do buy a fair bit of craft items there. I'm not aware of how the setting up goes, and I'm not saying that I expect eBid to do this. Just saying that I can pay with PayPal or my other credit cards to the sellers that I buy from over there.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    And indeed feeBay deliberately try to obstruct payment methods other than paypal (paypal direct or via credit card being much the same). They introduced a payment checkout that Readers' Digest would be proud of: radio buttons to select paypal or credit card, and a big Confirm button, with, further down, a link in a tiny font, to choose if the buyer (or seller) prefers cash or some other method. Even with items that are collection only. So these days you get buyers turning up at the door to collect their goods, having paid with paypal, a situation that leaves the seller completely vulnerable to fraudulent chargebacks. Not to mention that the seller loses money because of paypal's fees.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information