eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No international postage listed ... where did they go?

Forum Newbie
    High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View aj8's Feedback (+66)
    All-About aj8
    View aj8's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default No international postage listed ... where did they go?

After updating all my P&Ps in my listings for Olympic and sports pins, all the listings that have international P&Ps (to destinations outside the UK) seem to have dlost the internation P&P section. I list P&P for UK domestic, for Eurozone countries and depending on the difference in postage price for worldwide countries, I list either one or two worldwide P&Ps ... one North America, Africa, Asia, etc. and one for Australia/New Zealand. They seem to have all vanished and say 'not willing to sell abroad' ... I will sell to anyone who wants to buy them. So now it looks as though I won't.

This is very upsetting considering how long it took me to update all listings and thinking that they were 'safely' listed for a while didn't check that something like this could happen as I am working on updating all the photos for my listings too. Technology updates over the years made the photos that I had listed 'back in the day' (being low resolution) look like pixeled smudge pots. So having to update them too takes time and I just don't understand what has happened ... has my store been hacked in some way? I haven't come across this before.

Anybody got any ideas? I am having to re-set the international listings again. Even using the bucket approach takes time. Thanks for any advice you may have.

I have the listings on automatic reposting ... could something be 'lost' when the listings are automatically reposted.

I really don't understand ... I have tried individually to update (add in international postage)but when I go to check (using the edit button) there is no international postage there just 'not willing to ship abroad' ... that is simply not true. I want to sell to anyone who wants to buy the pins/badges that I am selling. How can I check that people outside the UK can see that I will sell to them? On that 'other auction' website you can click on a button to see what the postage is for sending to say Germany or China and the P&P comes up. Is there a button on the new version of Ebid. It was once possible to click on a button, tick the destination and the P&P would be listed. That accessory seems to have disappeared with the new look eBid.

I use Explorer 10 and also Firefox, sometimes Chrome (whichever one will work on the day) but am not sure which version of Firefox or Chrome it is. This lack of international P&P on my pages is very upsetting because I feel as though my store is in a black hole and none of my stuff will ever be sold if non-UK buyers cannot see the correct P&P for their area.
    Last edited by aj8; 6th May 2016 at 04:48 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View Ohmana's Feedback (+122)
    All-About Ohmana
    View Ohmana's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: No international postage listed ... where did they go?

I am having a similar issue. The system won't save my international shipping.

Did you use bulk edit to update your UK postage ? Just asking as this happened to me some years ago and I lost all my international postage rates too ! I was pulling my hair out at the time I remember as had over a 1,000 listings with different weights and had to redo them all one by one. I haven't used bulk edit since. My deepest sympathy to you !

Forum Newbie
    All-About aj8
    View aj8's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I did use Bulk Edit as I have over 800 pin badges to update. I did them a category at a time (20-30 in each group). It took me a while to figure out how to use Bulk Edit, but when I did it solved a big time problem. When I had fewer pin badges (600 or so) I updated individually/manually and thought I would go crazy. Bulk Edit was a still a bit time consuming but great compared to doing each listing individually. All looked ok as I did spot check after the updates using BE. I checked today accidentally as I added some new pin badges. I couldn't remember the amounts so clicked on the edit button on one to get the amounts (something I've done not too long ago and all was well) but not today. ALL international P*Ps are gone.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Did you use bulk edit to update your UK postage ? Just asking as this happened to me some years ago and I lost all my international postage rates too ! I was pulling my hair out at the time I remember as had over a 1,000 listings with different weights and had to redo them all one by one. I haven't used bulk edit since. My deepest sympathy to you !
    Which is why you should always make a backup of your listings before using Bulk Edit. It's a powerful tool but you can also do a lot of damage very quickly if you make a mistake. If fact you should export your listings to make a backup on a regular basis.

OP, if getting back to where you started from would be better than where you are now you could ask admin if it is possible to restore you listings from a site backup.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can you give us example ID# to look into.

Thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    All-About aj8
    View aj8's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok really stupid here ... what do you mean by ID# ... the one on a listings page ... 26305587

The browswer I was using today: Firefox 45.0.2
    Last edited by aj8; 6th May 2016 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Browser

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK, 26305587 is the listing.. Can you let us know exactly what the problem with the listing is.

You say there is no Intl shipping on it? I'm seeing intl shipping on it ok....

Thx
    Last edited by gazza; 6th May 2016 at 07:37 PM.
    eBid.net

Forum Lurker
    View Fudbucket's Feedback (+1650)
    All-About Fudbucket
    View Fudbucket's Listings
    Forum Posts

Same with me. Bulk upload, thought I'd done something wrong. Edited two of the listings individually putting the international postage on, then on a whim went back to those two and the international postage had disappeared again.

Item ID 148171533
    Last edited by Fudbucket; 6th May 2016 at 07:58 PM.

All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

http://www.ebid.net/uk/for-sale/0936...-148171533.htm

this is showing as having Intl Shipping ok ... where are you seeing no intl shipping options?
    eBid.net

Thread Information