Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re-listing unsold items

Forum Newbie
    View Bingsy's Feedback (+6063)
    All-About Bingsy
    View Bingsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re-listing unsold items

Is there a way EBID could mark an unsold item as Re-listed after a seller re-lists it? As far as I can tell it stays in the unsold folder without any flag saying it's already been re-listed. Thank you.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Re-listing unsold items

Quote Originally Posted by Bingsy View Post
    Is there a way EBID could mark an unsold item as Re-listed after a seller re-lists it? As far as I can tell it stays in the unsold folder without any flag saying it's already been re-listed. Thank you.

Once I relist my items (I go the manual route because this option will bring up the edit page for me), I then delete the items in my unsold folder - I do that one by one as I don't have many to relist at a time, but there is a relist/delete option if you have tons to relist without editing all the time - this option will relist all your items and delete them from the unsold folder automatically.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

i too use relist and delete to keep my items up to date
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use the same method as Jeweleffects and Maelbrigda. Simple and effective.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bingsy View Post
    Just click on both 'Relist' [make sure you always do this one first] and 'Delete' blue tabs at top right of your Unsolds page. Then scroll down to the Repost/Delete button.

HTH.

I have over 6,000 listings - none on run 'till sold - all on 8,9,or 10 day auto relists.
    I click on the 'Listings I ran - without sales' (far left on your My eBid page) and relist mine manually each day, (or when I can!) and use the 'relist' and 'delete' facility.
    It is very important that you check that your relist and delete totals are identical - otherwise you could accidentally delete something without relisting it, and it will disappear from your listings.
    If you relist something from the 'items I ran - no sales' and don't delete it, then you will see that you have already relisted it - thus avoiding duplicates .... see screenshot.
    Name:  help.JPG
Views: 209
Size:  24.0 KB
    Hope this helps!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Lurker
    View wilber11's Feedback (+657)
    All-About wilber11
    View wilber11's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

Once I relist my items (I go the manual route because this option will bring up the edit page for me), I then delete the items in my unsold folder - I do that one by one as I don't have many to relist at a time, but there is a relist/delete option if you have tons to relist without editing all the time - this option will relist all your items and delete them from the unsold folder automatically.
    hi there, i find the relist function a nightmare, this way of doing relists is absolutely absurd. i have near 4000 items to relist from the 'listings i ran' page and it will only let you relist a page at a time, why isnt there a function to relist ALL pages of listings at one easy press of a button, why do you programmers not see this,AND THE SAME MUST BE SAID FOR THE 'DELETE ALL' function also.
    it takes a long time to wade through each individual page, tiresome. im fed up, and not even quarterway through.
    and on this note, one haseto scroll from top to bottom constantly to press relist/delete, cant it be at the top of page with the other buttons? and i thought programmers were supost to think logic, pity i cant just pick up all my listings and auto relist with ebay, even with all their fees. the reason i dont at this stage is it is a nightmare to try to put all the items into their platform from this platform, two totally different listers/spreadsheets etc.
    Last edited by wilber11; 3rd April 2016 at 01:03 AM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilber11 View Post
    hi there, i find the relist function a nightmare, this way of doing relists is absolutely absurd. i have near 4000 items to relist from the 'listings i ran' page and it will only let you relist a page at a time, why isnt there a function to relist ALL pages of listings at one easy press of a button, why do you programmers not see this,AND THE SAME MUST BE SAID FOR THE 'DELETE ALL' function also.
    it takes a long time to wade through each individual page, tiresome. im fed up, and not even quarterway through.
    and on this note, one haseto scroll from top to bottom constantly to press relist/delete, cant it be at the top of page with the other buttons? and i thought programmers were supost to think logic, pity i cant just pick up all my listings and auto relist with ebay, even with all their fees. the reason i dont at this stage is it is a nightmare to try to put all the items into their platform from this platform, two totally different listers/spreadsheets etc.
    The manual one to one relist works the best for me as I don't have 1000's of listings to worry about. Also, I'm not an eBid programmer, I'm just a normal member like you.

I should be so lucky, to have that many items to relist!

Still, although I don't have personal experience of the scenario you describe, I can see it must be frustrating. Though any such change would need to be made with extreme care, offering an option for the current page vs the whole lot, or else there'd be a lot of VERY unhappy users surprised by their listings vanishing.

Maybe I'm an unusual programmer, but I tend to implement features a little sooner when I'm asked nicely, rather than "why do you programmers not see this" and "i thought programmers were supost to think logic". But maybe that's just me. I'm not an ebid programmer.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not had this request before. Will take a look.

Thx for the input.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information