Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 1st time ninja lister user with sugestions

Forum Newbie
    All-About zinda
    View zinda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 1st time ninja lister user with sugestions

I imported 2 sets of ebay listings, 1 had 1300 in it for the unsold and the other had 200 active sales. The unsold had numerous duplicates of each item, It took me hours to get rid of them, then at 90% done it crashed. I repeated the process and found I have to spend days if I want to ever use this tool to list anything. i'm going to have to go through each and every single file and correct and enter fields on each and every file. It would just have been quicker to make new listings this is ridiculous.

The major problem I saw immediately when i started to use it was the interface and options available when I listings, 1st issue no way to cut and move listings to a new folder, all I wanted to do was to get things divided into similar categories so i wasn't constantly making a new listing for each file. i wanted to get a template made and just apply it to that entire folder, i don't see any way to do this,

2nd problem is the way that it moves all files to 1 folder and then to make changes you must delete those files you have already uploaded or you are not going to work with at that moment, This is the only option left since I cannot simply move them to another folder and get them out of the way. So every time I want to start on a new type of item i must re-import each huge pile of listings then sort through them and remove those listings I don't need to have in my working folder. this is just a huge waste of time, I'm repeating steps over and over and I'm not even sure if my listings are turning out correctly since I uploaded them and only saw a few posted but cannot even be sure if they are actually posted or not this is just way confusing and it is turning into 2 days worth of wasted time. i could have just made all new ads with a template and been done with this frustration.

I was under the impression that this was going to be a quick and simple task by using these tools provided. Nothing about ti is fast or simple. There have been no listings that have even been close to correct and I'm spending more time correcting things than I would if i made them from scratch. The only thing it might be saving me from doing is taking new pictures but i cannot say if that is even true since I'm still waiting to see my listing appear? If the pictures are not showing of incorrect I have just wasted 2 days and will probably give up on this once again. I attempted to sell here here a few years ago with no luck at all, complete waste of time and I figured I'd give it one more chance.

The items I had listed I finally ended them after 3 months with not even a single question or interest in them. they all sold in a few weeks elsewhere for a bit more than I was asking here. If I'm missing something in the nija lister please fill me in on how to remove listings and place them in another folder to be able to work with that set later. another question is if I copy 1 listing and choose apply to all is it going to change every listing in that entire folder to match the 1 i copied? will they all lose their pictures too? i'm afraid to try anything because none of it makes any sense, there's no option to just apply that copied listing to chosen listings. If I select a bunch of similar listings How can i apply a template to just those listings and not lose the pictures? Why someone would not have these options available when they wrote the program is beyond me. It has the most useless options available and none of it makes any logical sense since it's kind of based on the fact that you are going to be transferring large amounts of different listings then why not have the ability to sort them into individual folders by categories?

I searched through the forums and I found no others that have come to this same conclusion, so am I the only 1 who see's this as a huge problem or am I missing something here that may be labeled with some crazy name like so many others are. What happened to cut and paste? select all should not be the only way to do everything in this program. I'm really not getting this at all. it just seems useless and there must be ab better option than this.

Last thing why is it storing my last uploaded files in my "good to go" (where did they come up with that name?) area? once they have been uploaded the should be placed in a finished or uploaded folder and should not be back in the original folder again for me to have to remove and resort once again
    Does any of this make sense to anyone else or as I suspect i may be missing something because I find it hard believe this is how it was intended to be used. instead of auction sets those folders should have been divided into similar items since there are only so many main categories it seems only logical that there could have been a folder for each main category and the files should be automatically divided right when they are imported.

That way the user can delete those categories they know they will never be using and can add them if need be later.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 1st time ninja lister user with sugestions

You can't use Ninja Lister until you open a store(s) and as a Seller+ member you have 5 FREE stores - none of which are in use.

This thread should be in the
    eBid-Ninja-Lister-amp-Importing-Auctions-Help

Have you read this?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Newbie
    All-About zinda
    View zinda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 1st time ninja lister user with sugestions

Yes I have read that, I was able to use ninja lister without having any stores opened, the problem I was having was just getting things organized so when i went through each and every listing 1 at a time I could deal with similar items using some sort of template and make things much quicker and easier

I saw no options to use templates on certain listings, only "apply to all" but without the option to separate the items into groups of similar things I saw no use for the apply to all method. This where i have a problem it simply would just be faster and easier for someone to start with a template and list all new sales from scratch rather than using the ninja lister. I know the time I have spent using both the ebay lister and the ninja lister was far more than it would have taken for me to just make 25 new listings without it. The only thing it saved me was having to copy all my posted pictures from my ebay sales, Even then I would never have spent more than a few hours doing that, so this is why I'm asking if there is something I'm missing or is this just how it is set up to work?

When i make a listing from scratch.
    I find the entire process of listing to be very cumbersome and the picture uploader does not post the pictures in any real order as it should be, meaning the picture with the most recent date should be last and the one with the lowest number and latest date should be listed 1st. Mine pictures all showed up randomly like whichever ones were fastest ended up being 1st. Then i spent 5 more minutes going back and cancelling them and uploading each picture 1 at a time in the order that they should have been posted.

Plus there is no way to list with local pick-up only, I'm forced to choose a shipping method even if I cannot offer 1 on very large items that may require freight or have to be picked up by the buyers locally due to the size or if it's just not worth shipping since the cost to ship will make the items price far more than it's worth.

On the topic of stores from what I have read it is just confusing as to what I need to do to even open a store. I'm not following the process at all, I figured there be a page where I just make a store with a template and add some things in the blanks and be done but I get to a certain point where it's just too much extra work to even bother with if I'm not ever going to make any sales I'm not going to put very much effort into this site.

This is what I believe is a major problem here now. this HAS to be easier than other sites if your going to attract sellers, once you have sellers the buyers will follow but there's so little to offer here I can see why there's no buyers. Once a buyer stops in and can't find anything of interest they will simply remember it as not worth bothering to come back for any reason. That's just how things are, Then they will tell their friends that there's nothing here and it will never take off no mater what.

The key is not attracting buyers it's getting a wider variety of items listed for sale here first, Making it a chore to list things is the #1 problem that must be fixed, the simpler it is to list the more listing that will be able to be posted. As it is right now I can make a listing elsewhere in less than 1 minute, it used to take 20 minutes, pretty much like it does here right now.

When I browse the items for sale I see very unpopular items and a ton of repeated items listed by the same sellers over and over. Maybe 50 posts all for the same items, no buyers want to see that, it just wastes their time especially when it's an item that is probably never going to sell at any price.

I have thousands of different items I could be listing here if I thought I could make a sale it might justify the time but as it is now I just cannot commit the time needed to post here. I have my items priced the same on other sits and I keep returning here to delete them as they sell So I have to spend my time where it's most valued and most likely to pay off. If it was easier and faster to list I would be listing more just because I could do it quickly and my time would not be an issue. I think that most sellers who are new would be thinking the same thing and to get new sellers to stay and keep listing the key to this entire sites survival.

You may disagree but I believe the entire way the site is planned out right now needs a complete make over, When I log on I should immediately be shown my sales or at least have the option of what shows 1st. Having to make 3 or 4 clicks before I'm seeing my sales is not the way to do it. There's too much text on each page it's like an early windows program in every way. More clickable links that don't need drop down lists that are confusing to work with. I find myself clicking on 5 or 6 before I find what I really was looking for since the labels aren't what I think they should be, I end up guessing and going back and trying a new one.

There's no need for links like END ALL or DELETE ALL these links just seem ridiculous and promote the idea that these links need to be there because so many will just get frustrated and end everything so they won't have to return here for any reason. Since they wasted time they may as well have a quick out?
    Just the drop down menus on everything is bad enough but those items that should be hidden in drop down menus are what you have as direct links. I'm so not used to working with the old drop down menus that I find myself searching the pages trying to find a link to get me to the page I need. It takes a while to figure out it's in some drop down menu but which one, Those menus need to only be at the top of the pages and no where else. no menus should be located in the middle of the pages or near the bottom unless they are there to fill in a field with a choice of text or number in a form. Links should always be at the top and the most clicked on links need to have their own icon and not be hidden. It's simple things like this that will make the site easier to use.

Also showing items on the 1st page when a buyer arrives even if they aren't signed in is the way this site should be displayed, if they are interested in anything they will create an account and sign in but there should always be items listed for sale on every single page once the site is opened in the browser. Those sites that have a log in screen showing 1st thing are just a bad idea and not make buyers interested. Also making the sign up process as simple as can be is a huge plus, buyers don't like to jump through hoops, especially if they are only here to browse and may not be super interested in actually buying anything but may just want to bookmark the site for comparison to other prices they may have seen.

These are just my observations that I've noticed on my 1st week of listing and checking in on my items. Of course others may disagree with me, but I think the proof lies in the sales and from what I've seen, there needs to be some major updates to this site before it will be anything that will attract more sellers Lets face it bay is alienating thousands of sellers each day, they helping them to be defrauded by dishonest buyers and they are quitting ebay in the largest numbers ever, Why are they not coming here to sell? You would think it would be easy to pick them all up to sell here but for some reason they aren't setting up shop here? Even getting 10% of all ebay quitters or booted sellers would still mean hundreds of new sellers daily in 2 months time could be 10's of thousands. They're going somewhere but not many are ending up here.
    Last edited by zinda; 3rd April 2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: misworded and forgot some points

Thread Information