Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: No reserve or Buy Now price to be used nor any listing enhancements.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • This YDC rule is needed and should not be changed.

5 41.67%
  • This rule is outdated and no longer needed.

0 0%
  • This YDC rule should be changed to something else. (Please add suggestion to thread)

7 58.33%
  • Rules? I don't need no stinkin' rules.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YDC Rule Review Part II

Default YDC Rule Review Part II

Hi! It's me again. And yes, I have once again been looking at the YDC rules.

For those of you that missed the first YDC Rule Review installment, you can see the discussion and poll results here >> YDC Rule Review Part I

Currently, Part Two: Rules for the Competition includes rule #3:
    No reserve or Buy Now price should be used, nor should any listing enhancements such as Featured.

Do we still need this rule?
    It makes sense that no auction should be more alluring than another. On the other hand, if the seller is wants to pay eBid to help raise more money for charity, is this a bad thing?

My thoughts on this vacillate depending on the moment, so I'm not pushing one way or the other. I am simply presenting the option for discussion and review.

What are your thoughts?

P.S. Currently, this rule only applies to listings entered in the competition.
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 6th February 2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: added p.s.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC Rule Review Part II

If anyone wants to use Bin, I wouldn't mind, but I think it shouldn't be included in the competition. As to enhancement, I personally wouldn't use them, as I don't think they make a lot of difference. So if anyone would choose to, that's fine with me

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    If anyone wants to use Bin, I wouldn't mind, but I think it shouldn't be included in the competition. As to enhancement, I personally wouldn't use them, as I don't think they make a lot of difference. So if anyone would choose to, that's fine with me
    So, would you just simplify the rule to: No BIN or Reserve to be used? And leave it under the competition section of the rules?

Some people have used BIN's over the years in the YDC but not as part of the competition. I think this rule was put in place to make it fair in the competition side of things. Otherwise someone might start an auction at 99p thinking they were in the competition and put a BIN at the same time that would beat a lot of the auction prices. I know we old timers know what is acceptable but it might not be so obvious to newbies coming in, so in this case I feel maybe that rule should stay. However like meebo I don't really mind about listing enhancements as I don't think they make much difference either.

I haven't voted as I think this rule is needed but could be amended if that makes sense ?!
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 6th February 2016 at 08:47 PM.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

maybe leave the rule, but add that if a BIN is used it excludes the listing from the competition. I have voted for No 3 as it comes closest to what I am trying to say

Yes, agree with both meebo and cornish - this rule needs to be amended so that if anyone does put a BIN price it will automatically disqualify them from the competition element.
    So in answer to your question post #3, I think it would be better if the rule was amended to -
    BIN or reserve prices are not forbidden, but will automatically disqualify your item from the competition element, although thinking deeper about this - maybe some sellers aren't listing in YDC to win the competition, just to raise as much money as they can. Hmmm, tricky one this!
    Would it be simpler just to say they are not allowed?

I also don't think listing enhancements would encourage more bids, but if a seller wants to pay the extra to do so, then that's OK by me.
    Can't recall ever seeing anyone using using a listing enhancement come to think of it, although my memory does fail me at times!

Edited to say that I have voted for No. 3
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

In the interests of a level playing field I have voted for 3.

I would change it to:

Auctions using Reserves, Buy Now prices or listing enhancements (eg Featured, etc) will be excluded from the competition element.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    In the interests of a level playing field I have voted for 3.

I would change it to:

Auctions using Reserves, Buy Now prices or listing enhancements (eg Featured, etc) will be excluded from the competition element.
    Ditto.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As you say, the rule only applies to YDC listings in the competition element of the event. Non-competition listings have always been allowed to use whatever enhancements the seller wishes. As such, and to maintain a level playing field for the competition, I feel the rule should remain.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would say bin should be allowed but not for the competition
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information