Home
Buy on eBid
Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Picture Postcard Magazine

  1. #11
    Forum Saint madelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Highworth, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    View madelaine's Feedback (+4230)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts
    10,514

    Default Re: Picture Postcard Magazine

    The vast bulk of my postcards are for charity and I don't have the authority to spend their money - thank you for the effect your ads have on my sales (I wondered where the buyers came from!)
    Madelaine

    Five shops raising funds for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice - all sorts of stuff
    Vintage & Modern Postcards
    BK Stamps for my Philatelic listings
    and Yarnalong for craft patterns and some materials
    not to mention
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

  2. #12

    Default Re: Picture Postcard Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    The vast bulk of my postcards are for charity and I don't have the authority to spend their money - thank you for the effect your ads have on my sales (I wondered where the buyers came from!)
    Glad it has a knock-on effect; Teamwork!

  3. #13

    Default Re: Picture Postcard Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Indeed - if only eBid would put an advert in the magazine, then more people would notice too...
    Why? Was Steve's letter to the magazine invisible or something?

    There are lots of ways of getting publicity. Many of them are more credible than advertisements. Most magazine editors love to get well written relevant letters for their hard-to-fill letters page. You just need to dream up a reason for your letter and slip in an appropriate mention of eBid.
    Click for bargain auctions!

    Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

  4. #14

    Cool Re: Picture Postcard Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Why? Was Steve's letter to the magazine invisible or something?

    There are lots of ways of getting publicity. Many of them are more credible than advertisements. Most magazine editors love to get well written relevant letters for their hard-to-fill letters page. You just need to dream up a reason for your letter and slip in an appropriate mention of eBid.
    True enough, but Steve's letter only appeared in one edition of this Monthly magazine; has he got to write a letter every month?

    Perhaps you or others might have a go... in fact, eBid can do it too!

  5. #15

    Default Re: Picture Postcard Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    True enough, but Steve's letter only appeared in one edition of this Monthly magazine; has he got to write a letter every month?
    Sounds good to me!

    Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Perhaps you or others might have a go... in fact, eBid can do it too!
    If I sold picture postcards, or knew anything about them, I would indeed have a go.

    I'd also get a few friends to proofread my effort beforehand. I'm well known for using 47 words when one would do -- letters to the editor should be brief and to the point. When they aren't, the editor trims ruthlessly, and leaves out the very bit you were hoping for. Been there.
    Click for bargain auctions!

    Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

  6. #16

    Thumbs up Re: Picture Postcard Magazine

    Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Cost a little over 2 per week to place a box ad - good VFM in my opinion: brings traffic to my store(s) as well as eBid - win, win...
    Just a note to say that I have renewed my eBid advert in the Picture Postcard Monthly magazine for a second year as it appears to generate some interest and sales...

  7. #17
    Forum Saint madelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Highworth, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    View madelaine's Feedback (+4230)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts
    10,514

    Default Re: Picture Postcard Magazine

    On behalf of Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice, Thank you!
    Madelaine

    Five shops raising funds for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice - all sorts of stuff
    Vintage & Modern Postcards
    BK Stamps for my Philatelic listings
    and Yarnalong for craft patterns and some materials
    not to mention
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Follow Us
New To eBid?
register here