Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can you add a search option for SOLD items?

Default Can you add a search option for SOLD items?

It would be nice to be able to see sold items.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can you add a search option for SOLD items?

Quote Originally Posted by mngreeneyelady View Post
    It would be nice to be able to see sold items.

There used to be that option but it hasn't been available for quite some time now.
    You can click Advanced Search > Search Closed ...... but you would have to click on every individual item to see if it sold.

Forum Newbie
    All-About yourhartzdesire
    View yourhartzdesire's Listings
    Forum Posts

I defiantly agree. We are new and planning on moving items from ebay but have no clue what items on here are actually seling for any help to get us started to be able to do some "easy" research here would be appreciated.

eBid did away with being able to easily search for sold items due to the fact that it was showing more items not sold than items sold. There will be some who disagree but i remember the days that they use to have green check marks for items sold & red x for items not sold & about 90% of my searches showed more red x items than green check items.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with the OP. It would be nice to see the sold items, no matter the percentages.

As far as research goes, "easy" is not descriptive of the process here. The process has to start with actually seeing what sells, then progress from that point.

It may be difficult to look at the reality of the situation, but the site has to start somewhere.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, providing a "sold items" search option would filter out everything that did not sell. However, having the "closed item" search expands the research process. Both pieces of information help sellers make informed decisions.

I see that eBid has not responded to this request. It would be nice to be able to see sold prices.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpigskin View Post
    I see that eBid has not responded to this request. It would be nice to be able to see sold prices.
    They use to have it where you could searched sold listings fairly easy, but then decided to make it so time consuming to find sold listings. eBid never responds to this request so don't expect one.

Bumping this in hopes it is seen A search for "Sold Items" would be WONDERFUL!!! As it is, I have to go to the other site and see what comparable items have sold for and always try to sell here at a lower price, but I have no way to see what my "competition" on eBid is selling comparable items for to get an actual value for mine.

I learned early on in the antiques/collectibles business "An item is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it!" I think that sales would increase if prices here are more competitive (realistic prices - not what an individual thinks their item is worth)

Quote Originally Posted by gotpigskin View Post
    Nice for you and me, yes, I strongly agree.

The more cynical amongst us might imagine that eBid fear revealing that would show the platform to be relatively unsuccessful. The way to squash such a rumour is to make it possible to see the data, much as ebay have two options: completed items and sold items.

On ebay I find it ever so useful. Before listing any item I do that search. And often it helps me decide that it's simply not worth spending my time, even with free listings. Or it sets my expectations realistically. And since I'm doing the search over there, guess where I end up listing the item, rather than bothering to switch to a different platform.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information