My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: fao Gazza/admin - complete category rebuild in FISHING

Default fao Gazza/admin - complete category rebuild in FISHING

Before I actually spend the time doing it...

I have been angling for some 30 years, I have also worked in a bricks&mortar tackle shop, I sell on TOS, I worked for many years in data rationalisation /analysis for reporting to boardroom level as a management accountant, more often than not working with utter garbage (legacy systems) and turning it into something useful.

Without being presumptuous may I submit a logical and functional category/sub/sub tree that would assist buyers - as a buyer and seller myself.. I find it difficult to locate even my own listings under the existing framework!

It will be done in Excel (tool of choice for accounts bods)... please PM me if you think I may be of assistance,

With regards.. :-)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: fao Gazza/admin - complete category rebuild in FISHING

Might be easier to contact support@ebid.net with your offer

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishing4pennies View Post
    Before I actually spend the time doing it...

I have been angling for some 30 years, I have also worked in a bricks&mortar tackle shop, I sell on TOS, I worked for many years in data rationalisation /analysis for reporting to boardroom level as a management accountant, more often than not working with utter garbage (legacy systems) and turning it into something useful.

Without being presumptuous may I submit a logical and functional category/sub/sub tree that would assist buyers - as a buyer and seller myself.. I find it difficult to locate even my own listings under the existing framework!

It will be done in Excel (tool of choice for accounts bods)... please PM me if you think I may be of assistance,

With regards.. :-)
    Hi,

Let us know any improvements to the current structure. All we ask is that the current cats/subcats we taken into consideration re: merging/moving etc as we cannot forget about them.

Thx
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi,

Let us know any improvements to the current structure. All we ask is that the current cats/subcats we taken into consideration re: merging/moving etc as we cannot forget about them.

Thx
    Gazza
    Will do... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Might be easier to contact support@ebid.net with your offer

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi,

Thx
    Gazza
    Whilst it would be easy to go to the 'n'th degree of categorisation and consequently over-complicate, max of 2 sub-categories and then it's down to 'keyword search' presuming sellers KNOW what they're selling and use description narrative sensibly.. and buyers have a pretty good idea of what they're looking for.

So I'm going to set the bar fairly low and work towards a level in the region of *ahem* 'average IQ'...

You can never legislate (or design systems) to cater for the fathomless depths of human stupidity.. lol :-D

Thread Information