Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A new EBidder with 0 feedback :(

Question A new EBidder with 0 feedback :(

Dear fellow Ebidders!

I am a new member looking to exit ebay for ebid as I am getting frustrated in having to wait for listing promotions in order to list my not so prized possessions that I want to sell on. I dont want to have to pay 35 pence to list something that might not sell straight away, and if I add 40p to the value of things to account for the additional costs they probably wouldnt get bids in the first place! Also I want to pay less final listing fees!

I have listed 26 items a good few days ago and as yet haven't had any bids.

I understand that as I am a new seller that I haven't currently got any feedback - how important do you guys this this is? I have completed the all about me page so its explains to people who I am, but am concerned that I am wasting my time trying to sell things on here. Please have a look if you get a minute and let me know any tips etc.

http://www.ebid.net/uk/users/KoiAhoyThere/all-about-me

As I have bought and sold things on ebay over the years I understand how I have come to acheieve a good feedback rating and number, but havnt seen much on here yet that I want to buy and dont want to buy things just to start getting a feedback score!!

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated!

Thanks

KoiAhoyThere

Default Re: A new EBidder with 0 feedback :(

When scrolling through the list of items you have for sale, almost all do not show a photo in the list, it being necessary to drill down into the listings to see a photo. People who might be interested in what you have for sale but who are busy might not have the time or patience to start clicking through to your listings to get a visual for what you are selling.

You are not selling unique or special collectors’ items that could generate a bidding war so it might be worth considering listing your items in buy now format rather than in auction listings format. If somebody wants to buy used baby related items, they might want to purchase straightaway rather than wait for an auction to end.

The most important thing is to be listing items that people want and will buy rather than feedback.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with westlondon......the pics you do have are good, so keep at it! Foro example - your baby swim thingy - I have no clue what they really look like, so a pic could swing the deal. (I don't want one, but you get the idea). Good luck!

And buy it now will get more results, because there are impatient people like me who see something and want it RIGHT NOW!

ALSO - you get feedback for things you BUY, too - so feel free to look through eBid. I guess feedback is more important if you don't have much......so stick at it, and hopefully you will get enough to make you comfortable.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thank you WestlondonCarParts and Her Majesty for your comments that I will certainly take on board and welcome others input.

I suppose because I have to pay for thumbnails in the listings and also for giving a BuyNow option, I have been unwilling to pay for this in my early stages as an ebidder, and some of these features come automatically when being a SELLER+ - I suppose its the chicken and the egg situation here, I want to sell and buy things on here and maybe I am being too impatient to want immediate results without investing first. As I am doing it to free up some space in the house and get a little bit of additional cash rather than as a proper business, I dont have money to invest in initially!

I'll keep looking through the forums and taking all the advice I receive on board.

Thanks again for all your help and to those that may post after I have sent this - as I say I welcome all feedback

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there,

I just checked out your pages and want to impart my thoughts to you.

Your About Me page - I feel you are advertising Ebay (with a link that is not allowed) rather than encouraging buyers on eBid. Dump the info and start afresh, check out other member's Me pages for inspiration.

You will need Buy Now prices on your listings to be accepted for Google Shopping upload. You can add a Buy Now price with your bid start prices, also, Google do not accept listings with prices under $.99 (or international equivalent) - their minimum is $1 (or international equivalent).

Buyers prefer thumbnails on search lists so think about adding thumbnails, it will only cost you 2% FVF when the item sells not when you create a listing with thumbnail.

On your actual listings, you are allowed up to 5 free images, take advantage of this.

That's it for now, hope this helps.
    x

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    ....Buyers prefer thumbnails on search lists so think about adding thumbnails, it will only cost you 2% FVF when the item sells not when you create a listing with thumbnail.......
    That would be true if the OP was a "Seller +"

The problem already stated is the cost of the upgrade from the current "Seller" option.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information