Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delete Basket Option Needed

Default Delete Basket Option Needed

I get a disproportionate number of time-wasters on this site. I have to think about why it is happening and if I can I'll always try and get an answer. Sometimes people claim they don't understand how the site works or how to pay. I think that side of things is fairly straight-forward so I am not sure anything can be done to help those types though I always offer to talk them through it. I think most time-wasters and non-payers are just used to the basket option on other sites where they can play around and click things and then delete if they decide they don't want it. They don't expect to be committed before they pay. Obviously, it would be great if everyone behaved in an intelligent, communicative, considerate way. I wish they would just send me a message saying they clicked to buy accidently and then I could just cancel. But, if you have worked in retail you know it's pointless to hope for that. This site badly needs an option for potential buyers to delete their BIN items straight after clicking. It would save sellers loads of time and stress and it would prevent slightly stupid but essentially harmless people from being banned due to non-payment and failure to communicate.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Delete Basket Option Needed

theres a pop up after a buyer hits ,buy now this warns them there about to commit to a purchase once they confirm they have bought it, i cant belive any buyer can not understand this warning prompt , but they do , i dont belive its harmless it can cause sellers stress , potential loss of income with the item in never never land,they dont communicate because they know they had a warning before committing,i dont make excuses for this sort of behaviour , if they were to abuse any listings i have in this manner they would be blocked by me and reported, no if or butts,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

One of my mottos that I have learned from being a retailer all these years is: 'Never underestimate how stupid the public are'. It ain't pretty and I wish it wasn't accurate but it's one I have had to keep in mind with every aspect of how I sell and how I present Lucky Target Comics. Yeah, I actually looked for something to buy on the site myself tonight just to make sure it was as I thought and they needed to click twice before being committed. Yep, there it was.

Trust me there is no point getting angry and blocking them for doing this and still not paying. They always have some excuse or another. I message non-payers as soon as I get a sense that they aren't going to pay warning that if they don't either pay or tell me they want to cancel then I'll have to go through the painful non-payer process and it will end up in them being banned from the site. I had one of these last week. He ignored my messages. I went through the non-payment process, he got crossed out, I left him negative feedback. He waited until after all of that and the emailed me saying he saw some stuff but not everything he wanted and then his wife found a site with more stuff so he just abandoned this one. He could have messaged me and I would have put a bespoke package together for him and his wife that would have provided everything they wanted. He could have messaged me saying 'Sorry, I need to cancel these BINs now'. He could have answered my message and let me know he didn't want the comics before I went through non-payment. He didn't.

This is not isolated. Considering how hard it is to get sales on here I get a stupidly large number of non-payers. We can't make them wiser or more considerate and it does not help the site to permanently ban them when they are just a bit dim. We need to give them a quicker easier way to empty basket. It'll still be annoying but they'll move through the site easier, it'll make our lives easier, they'll be able to come back and buy on a day when they are more decisive.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyTarget View Post
    One of my mottos that I have learned from being a retailer all these years is: 'Never underestimate how stupid the public are'. It ain't pretty and I wish it wasn't accurate but it's one I have had to keep in mind with every aspect of how I sell and how I present Lucky Target Comics. Yeah, I actually looked for something to buy on the site myself tonight just to make sure it was as I thought and they needed to click twice before being committed. Yep, there it was.

Trust me there is no point getting angry and blocking them for doing this and still not paying. They always have some excuse or another. I message non-payers as soon as I get a sense that they aren't going to pay warning that if they don't either pay or tell me they want to cancel then I'll have to go through the painful non-payer process and it will end up in them being banned from the site. I had one of these last week. He ignored my messages. I went through the non-payment process, he got crossed out, I left him negative feedback. He waited until after all of that and the emailed me saying he saw some stuff but not everything he wanted and then his wife found a site with more stuff so he just abandoned this one. He could have messaged me and I would have put a bespoke package together for him and his wife that would have provided everything they wanted. He could have messaged me saying 'Sorry, I need to cancel these BINs now'. He could have answered my message and let me know he didn't want the comics before I went through non-payment. He didn't.

This is not isolated. Considering how hard it is to get sales on here I get a stupidly large number of non-payers. We can't make them wiser or more considerate and it does not help the site to permanently ban them when they are just a bit dim. We need to give them a quicker easier way to empty basket. It'll still be annoying but they'll move through the site easier, it'll make our lives easier, they'll be able to come back and buy on a day when they are more decisive.
    i think you misunderstood me i would ban them from my listings, i cant ban them from the site,

i only twice had buyers not pay with no communication on the whole my buyers are of the older generation who do have the ability to understand what there doing, even though there new to a site they have never used before. these non payers apart from the malicious buyers is they leap before they look, they buy dont pay and then look else were, find it 20p cheaper or with free postage and buy there, it has very little to do with being stupid as you put it, the warning pop up gives people a very simple option , buyers also are encouraged by the whole raft of legislation to be irresponsible for there actions , they simply dont care, they can move on, they have nothing to loose , especially if there new to the site, theres a wide market out there for them, theres no come back through the law , only site rules can be made to deal with people like this.

Okay. I have not misundertood you, personally. If you are happy to ban people from your shop then go for it. Do what works for you. I have banned people from various outlets and social networks over the years, including this one. Like you, I don't find it easy to be patient. Maybe your non-payers are malicious. You should definitely ban them.

I have been doing this for awhile now. I have sold via various outlets. The public do a lot of annoying stupid stuff. At conventions they can be incredibly careless and rough with my stock. Sometimes it infuriates me so much that I want to taser those people.

But, when the annoyance passes and I get it in perspective I know that they are not being hateful or malicious. That's just how people shop. They want to touch things and move things around and turn them over and they are not, when they are in shopping mode, thinking 'Hey, this belongs to that woman there and if I am not going to buy it I better be very careful and respectful'. They are just in the same shopping mode they go into when they walk around a supernarket or around the Trafford Centre.

When they are on this site they are expecting it to operate in the way that other sites do and that they are not committed until they pay. If you want to get angry about that fair enough. I get angry too but ultimately I believe in finding intelligent, positive, proactive solutions to problems. It would be amazing if one of the eBid staff took the time to look at what I am saying and the logic of it and consider making a useful change.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Okay. I have not misundertood you, personally. If you are happy to ban people from your shop then go for it. Do what works for you. I have banned people from various outlets and social networks over the years, including this one. Like you, I don't find it easy to be patient. Maybe your non-payers are malicious. You should definitely ban them.

I have been doing this for awhile now. I have sold via various outlets. The public do a lot of annoying stupid stuff. At conventions they can be incredibly careless and rough with my stock. Sometimes it infuriates me so much that I want to taser those people.

But, when the annoyance passes and I get it in perspective I know that they are not being hateful or malicious. That's just how people shop. They want to touch things and move things around and turn them over and they are not, when they are in shopping mode, thinking 'Hey, this belongs to that woman there and if I am not going to buy it I better be very careful and respectful'. They are just in the same shopping mode they go into when they walk around a supernarket or around the Trafford Centre.

When they are on this site they are expecting it to operate in the way that other sites do and that they are not committed until they pay. If you want to get angry about that fair enough. I get angry too but ultimately I believe in finding intelligent, positive, proactive solutions to problems. It would be amazing if one of the eBid staff took the time to look at what I am saying and the logic of it and consider making a useful change.
    im not angry i just dont have the time or inclination to start patronizing people , ihave enough good buyers and there the ones who deserve my full attention,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't have much to say on this thread except that I am enjoying this friendly, intelligent conversation and I agree with everything that is being said. I understand both sides of the 'debate'. Absolutely refreshing - not seen a thread like this one in eons.

Thanks, Jan. I certainly wish I had lots of good, sensible buyers here on eBid like sidthelamp does. I'd probably be too busy making up parcels to check out the forums, though. Lets, try and start some more decent threads soon.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Jan. I certainly wish I had lots of good, sensible buyers here on eBid like sidthelamp does. I'd probably be too busy making up parcels to check out the forums, though. Lets, try and start some more decent threads soon.
    thats right i do, i dont hypothesize on how to gain sales here on ebid , i just speak from my experience , i also have lots of time to tae part in the forums because i sold out of stock

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

I get a disproportionate number of time-wasters on this site. I have to think about why it is happening and if I can I'll always try and get an answer. Sometimes people claim they don't understand how the site works or how to pay. I think that side of things is fairly straight-forward so I am not sure anything can be done to help those types though I always offer to talk them through it. I think most time-wasters and non-payers are just used to the basket option on other sites where they can play around and click things and then delete if they decide they don't want it. They don't expect to be committed before they pay. Obviously, it would be great if everyone behaved in an intelligent, communicative, considerate way. I wish they would just send me a message saying they clicked to buy accidently and then I could just cancel. But, if you have worked in retail you know it's pointless to hope for that. This site badly needs an option for potential buyers to delete their BIN items straight after clicking. It would save sellers loads of time and stress and it would prevent slightly stupid but essentially harmless people from being banned due to non-payment and failure to communicate.
    You can try the "Require Immediate Payment" option. If no payment is received then the item remains unsold.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information