Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Goin' On - In My Garden!

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What's Goin' On - In My Garden!

G'day Shesa & all

Glad the pix fixed themselves up - perhaps a refresh may have done the trick?
    The red bottlebrush, Melaleuca viminalis 'Weeping Bottlebrush' is slightly behind the white one, & I don't see any sign of blooms as yet.

It was 39c here yesterday & will get into the 40's today! I'm pouring my precious water supply into just keeping "my gemz" alive - meanwhile, the grass is cracking under foot. No sign of rain here, but I'm hoping that when this hot spell ends, it will be followed up with a storm or 2 The grass will bounce back very quickly then

I tried "refresh" that day and no luck but it's fixed now, whatever the problem was.

Looking forward to some pics of the red one!

I'd be happy to send you some rain if I could I'm more than a little disappointed that I didn't go ahead and plant my spring blooming bulbs last fall. We had such a horrible drought that I was worried they would shrivel up and die, then we got tons of rain throughout the winter and they would have made it and been blooming now. Might go ahead and plant them as soon as I get some energy and maybe they will bloom this year?

Most of my perennials are starting to come up so perhaps the drought last year didn't damage them too much. And, if I lost a few, I'll just have to hit the discount plant section again for replacements.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!
    Not been a lot happening around the yard lately, just tryin' to keep stuff alive during all our heat & lack of rain,
    I've just been watering the "gems" & the grass has been crunchy under foot!
    It is finally starting to feel a little cooler & just hope we get more of the wet stuff soon.
    Anyhow - here is a no ID Cattleya which came from Bro's MIL
    It is an easy grower & Bro & Sil have their back garden full of this growing like a weed! No scent that I can detect, but the flowers are worth it IMHO

What's the latest at your place/s

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Daffodils are blooming and I have spotted the tips of tulip leaves (I think) so spring has arrived. If it stays dry today, I might just venture out and take the camera with me

Beautiful, Old!!!! And I agree with you, absolutely worth growing, even with no scent

I haven't been out yet to see if the snow & frost did any damage to the flowers that are coming up. From the window it appears that the iris are standing straight but the lilies are looking a bit droopy. I can't tell about the peonies. The daffs and forsythia are done blooming and I did notice last week that my hot pink hibiscus has black on most of the branches. I planted it last year and it bloomed profusely well into fall but I may have to cut it back and hope that what ever made the branches black, didn't totally kill it off. Fortunately, I have another small pot of it that I wintered inside. I wanted to plant it where I buried Bailey but I can't see that area from the office window, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Hi all
    Yes I think we are all in that "in between" seasonal change time, where the plants haven't quite made up their minds what they're doing?
    Down here, there is a distinct chill feel in the early air, & I don't believe we are going to get an autumn - just go straight into our winter.
    Had some very welcome rain overnight, about time!, 33mm to be exact.
    I could hear it on the roof all night, & I'm sure the grass was sighing & the orchids/plants giggling!
    Hopefully all your plants will "spring" back when it warms up, & the snee disappears!
    Glad everyone likes the orchid - but you should see it at Bro's place, just a mass of purple down one side of his house!

Well, I sure wish "that "in between" seasonal change time" would decide which way it's going to go!! Woke up to snow again this morning and temps 20 degrees below normal - so much for the "global warming crisis" here in TN! LOL!!

I bet the masses of orchids are an awesome sight!

Glad you got some rain at last

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

An interesting post elsewhere! (Hope that's OK Merking)

https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...y-strawberries

Forum Saint
    All-About Oldandintheway
    Forum Posts

Strange or what???

Here are two African Violets that I grew from leaf cuttings off the same "white" plant.
    One is white, while the other has decided to be half white & half variegated violet.
    I thought you got a clone of the mother plant from leaf cuttings, while seed grown plants may become any colour? Apparently not!

PS. another Cattleya orchid flower on the way shortly

Thread Information